Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anybody use Flexx bars?

Go down 
+4
combo
Rider_WV
millert85
RT3856
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RT3856

RT3856

Anybody use Flexx bars? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:06 am

After a recent four hour jaunt through the Nevada mountains " offroad" I noticed my arthtitic hands were sore for several days.
Just wondering if the Flexxbars might help aleviate this?
Not riding isn't an option. so don't even say anything like that.
I am young for arthritis but as Chris ledoux said " it aint the years, it's the miles" Anybody use Flexx bars? 851577
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:01 am

haven't used flexx bars, but something like the TAG rebound grips might help. had a number of cust comment that they do seem to work.
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:14 am

I run the Flexx bars on my YZ250 two smoker. I LOVE them, i will eventually get a set for the WR as well, sooner than later.

I have wrist/hand issues and the Flexx bars made a world of difference on a long day of racing or riding. If they werent so expensive they would be on every bike I own.

They dampened some vibes but they reduce/eliminate all those hard hits that jar your wrists and reduce fatigue. I do run the Tag rebound grips on them and on my protapers on my WR, they are good grips, but the protaper pillow blocks are just as good and a little more slim if you have small hands. I like the larger OD on the Tags, just a personal preference.

The FLexx bars are heavier than a standard bar so if your a gram counter that may matter. They come with a few different elastomers so you can tune them to your riding style. It only takes one ride to get comfortable with them. IMHO they are welllllll worth the $$ if you have hand problems.

A couple of riding buds (with good wrists) took my bike for a ride a time or two and they liked them as well.
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:15 am

I've got them, didn't have much of a problem with arm pump, just my hands were starting to feel like mince meat after some hard trail rides, Oury Road grips and the Flexxbars have really helped, they are like a second set of suspension, I never complain about the forks on my bike with the Flexxbars on and there has been no negatives, maybe one, basically flexx Cycra Probend are the only Handguards that work and you can't change the angle of them

Anybody use Flexx bars? DSC02505
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:10 am

Any links to these bars??
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:56 am

they are made by fasstco, you can find them on sale from different venders and some sites have group buys from time to time.

http://www.fasstco.com/
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:00 pm

Also, you do not have to use they cycra pro bends. Yes cycra makes a set of hand guards specifically for the the Flexx bars but you can also buy the "handguard hitch" that fasstco sells and run just about any hand guard you want. The hitch is pricey but a decent option if you already have a set of guards you like, or are sponsored by someone other than cycra.

link to the handguard hitch
http://www.fasstco.com/moto/flexx/accessories
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Holy crap, for the price of those, I can get about 20 sets of 7/8" bars. LOL Their price is more than I spent on exhaust and programmer combined. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:08 pm

DougZ wrote:
Holy crap, for the price of those, I can get about 20 sets of 7/8" bars. LOL Their price is more than I spent on exhaust and programmer combined. Very happy

yep they are pricey but for those of us with hand issues they are more than worth it. I can ride all day with no issues, shoot I did a couple of 4+hr team races in 09 and my hands were fine. With my old bars my hands would go numb on the second lap and the next day i couldnt even hold a fork to eat.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:01 pm

As much as I would like some bars like that for my bad wrist and to ease up on fatigue. I always have bad luck if I replace a set of bars that is not already bent. I'll wait and with any luck I won't need to get new ones.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:35 am

If it's osteoarthritis (the "wear and tear" type) then motion is good - rest is bad.
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:09 am

I appreciate the input.
I think I may put them on my list of mods.
Arthritis sucks, but if I am gonna hurt I'm gonna have fun while hurting. Anybody use Flexx bars? 942737
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:43 am

RT3856 wrote:
I appreciate the input.
I think I may put them on my list of mods.
For a cheap attempt at improving matters, I wonder how using Limbsaver products on your bars would go towards deadening vibration and shock. Sure shuts down the vibration and buzz on early generation compound bows. The shock of an arrow release is a lot worse than vibrations in bars - although it doesn't go on for hours, either.

Do you head out for the mountains out of Sedro Woolley for your rides? We used to head down to Dos Padres in Bellingham for a big plate of their awesome nachos, then head out through Sedro Woolley to Concrete and beyond along the Skagit on a nice day. Sometimes Twisp and back - awesome. But I never ventured off the slab in those rides, and I often wondered what it would be like when it wasn't raining...
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:15 am

limbsavers are probably in a different frequency range. If you use a damper/isolator that is in the wrong frequency range it can actually amplify the vibrations.

Maybe try a bar snake or lead shot in the bars to dampen vibes until you can try some flexx bars.

http://www.barsnake.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody use Flexx bars?   Anybody use Flexx bars? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody use Flexx bars?
Page 1 of 1