Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass

Go down 
+6
little squirt
SoupSandwich
f3joel
zestymac
spacecadet
motokid
10 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass Empty
PostSubject: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:29 pm

Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass Dscn2116

Initial impression. Looks awesome. High quality. Slips right into place no sweat.

It does appear to be a little skinnier than stock across the width of the pan. Really noticeable at the back of the seat farthest away from gas tank.

I've logged over 6000 miles on the stock seat.

Boy - my ass has to readjust to a new skinnier seat for sure. There's definitely a difference.

The distance to peg and distance to ground is very apparent for me as well. I can't believe there's only an inch difference from stock. Feels larger.

Also, the slope of the seat pushes your crotch closer to gas tank. You feel like you're sitting down in the bike more. Not as much on top of the bike like the stock seat.

I'm not saying any of this is bad, it's just an adjustment to how things have felt over the past 6000+ miles I've spent on the stock seat.

Going to have to break the Spiral seat in for sure. It feels foreign right now.

But looks totally awesome.

To be fair - the stock seat felt like a 2 X 4 when I first got my X.

Looking forward to much more seat time on the Spiral.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:14 pm

looks great
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Ergonomics   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:29 pm

Ed,

to further refine the ergonomics pick up a set of Fastway footpegs. Height adjustable, nice wide platform, real quality product. They will help you dial in your fit on the bike with new seat...

I really like the step seat. I push my tailbone up against the rise in the seat and the bike feels nice and balanced...

Yours looks great with the white...

Cheers, Rick
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:08 am

Ahhh...I have to stop spending on the X for a bit. Only other thing I'd do if I got the cash would be replace the rear view mirrors with something better than what I have.

Other than that.......just summer fun for a while.

The money pit has to close for at least a few months.

Suspect

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:07 am

motokid wrote:
Ahhh...I have to stop spending on the X for a bit. Only other thing I'd do if I got the cash would be replace the rear view mirrors with something better than what I have.

Other than that.......just summer fun for a while.

The money pit has to close for at least a few months.

Suspect
These are pretty good for 30 bucks, been using them for about 2 years now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mirrors-Honda-Ruckus-Valkyrie-Shadow-Chopper-Cruiser-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35b1f55d3cQQitemZ230618914108QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:37 am

Thanks....but think I'm going with these:

click me

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:12 am

Motokid your X is really coming together..... I think that I might do some re-painting on mine. I am pondering either all black or a mix of white and red. I really like the look of that spiral seat. thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks SoupS.

I am trying to figure out how and where to put some red myself.
Just really taking my sweet time though.

I know I can't possibly paint what my mind usually wants.

But at least now I'm not looking at blue.

I am still seriously considering trying to die the blue on the stock seat just to see it it'll work.....and not leech back out into pants or something when rained on.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:36 pm

yea my spiral seat sucks after about 20 min...like sitting on a 2x4 but its a really nice seat though
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass Dscn2117

Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass Dscn2118

Step seat.....

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Ed, check out Fleabay for those mirrors. You might be able to find em a bit cheaper and with free shipping.....My Speed Triple came with the expensive version of those...

I use one Dual Star mirror on the left side. It started out on my KTM SMC then migrated to the Husky and now the WR. They work great.

Those tank panels are crying out for some type of simple graphic....

Cheers, Rick
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Those seats look great. The problem I have is the reduction of seat to peg distance. I'm not very tall but the greater the distance the better. Before you go crazy with the seat, throw a Alaskan Leather cover or a Walmart special ATV something cover. Your ass and piece of mind will appreciate it. My Rick Mayer seat, while not the most flattering, along with the Alaska leather is a magic carpet ride. Say good by to the blue...coming soon

Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass Photo_806E513E-3667-4641-62C1-5A0E58EA3B49
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:04 pm

So after about a week of daily riding, no more than 20 minutes at a time typically, but multiple times a day, I'm beginning to think the Spiral Step Seat might become broken in at some point.

Either the seat is breaking in, or my t'aint is getting tougher. Suspect

Hopefully I'll get in some fun riding this weekend and get some longer seat time impressions in a more sporting atmosphere of riding. .

But know this folks......

If you think the stock seat is tough to get comfy on - DO NOT buy a Spiral Step Seat and think you're going to feel better on it.

It is definitely harder, a little narrower, and going to take MORE seat time to get used to than the stocker does.

You'll be closer to ground, you'll have less distance from seat to pegs.....but your ass will surely be questioning what the phuck you were thinking.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
shep

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:33 am

If it makes you feel any better I have not found a seat yet that I can tolerate very well. I just ordered a Sargent for my Triple (after a very painful 450 mile day!) and a Seat Concepts seat for the WR. So far I've only logged about an hour on it and I was already sore from a weekend in the mountains on the Triple, so I can't really comment yet, but I'm having issues with everything below the waist going numb after about 30 minutes...yes, everything! I had a ball riding the bike itself on the local back roads and less maintained country roads, but being able to stand the seat is essential to long term fun. I've got a Bill Mayer on the GS and it is so comfy I forget I'm even sitting.

As an aside, I am enjoying the motard idea so much I'm not sure I will ever even mount my dirt wheels/tires. In fact, I'm thinking of picking up a Ducati Hypermotard 796 as a garage mate!

Shep
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:53 pm

Almost a 3 hour ride today. Somewhere around 100 miles.

NUMB BUTT......... eeek

But at least I looked good........ bannana pig

Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass Dscn2119

Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass Dscn2120

Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass Dscn2122

Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass Dscn2121

Top speed runs never got me above 84mph (with corrected speedo)

So the Spiral seat doesn't effect top speed at all....amazon

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:59 pm

motokid wrote:
Almost a 3 hour ride today. Somewhere around 100 miles.

NUMB BUTT......... eeek

But at least I looked good........ bannana pig

So the Spiral seat doesn't effect top speed at all....amazon

Looks like you are having fun!!!

But-just wondering if you considered changing your name from "Motokid" to "NUMB BUTT"?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:29 pm

NumbButtKid. Very happy

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:42 pm

I rode with some ADV folks yesterday and covered about 130 miles on the step down. I usually wear bike shorts underneath and that seems to help. No posterior numbness (this time)....
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Still hoping the Spiral Step Seat will start to feel more ass-friendly.

Hoping.

Today I was standing on pegs quite often to relieve my ass.
After about an hour things get pretty uncomfortable.

I know the stock seat took plenty of time to get used to.

Is it possible the Spiral will take even longer?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:13 pm

*coughs*shouldagotaseatconceptsseat*coughs* hide

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:50 pm

SheWolf wrote:
*coughs*shouldagotaseatconceptsseat*coughs* hide

That's what I did. Guess I shouldn't say that since I'm the one who sold you the Step-down seat! Honestly, I barely used it, so I didn't really know what it was like comfort wise. What I did not care for was the "step;" I could feel it when I moved on the seat. I haven't put hardly any miles on the Seat Concepts seat either, so no opinion on that yet. Truth is, I've had the WR now since April or so and have only put about 300 miles on it! I've ridden my other bikes on the few chances I've had to ride. I've got brand new R wheels and Dunlop 606s that have never been mounted. Hopefully I will get to actually log some real time on the bike soon.

Shep
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Good news - the Spiral seat can withstand a large amount of rain and shed it off without any trace of absorbing the moisture.

My bike got drenched a few times today in the parking lot at work.

Whatever they use to cover the plywood underneath is waterproof. Very happy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass   Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass Empty

Back to top Go down

Spiral Seat - Retrain Your Ass
Page 1 of 1