Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Where to find blank keys for wr250x?

Go down 
+3
glock19
f3joel
BoredAzHell20
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BoredAzHell20

Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  Empty
PostSubject: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 pm

I am in need for a blank key for my wr250x. I don't want some cheezy generic metal blank key from the locksmith, but I want something that has the yamaha logo on it. Do you think these keys will work?

ebay blank key

Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:54 pm

dealer
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:23 pm

f3joel wrote:
dealer

True.. but I am pretty sure it's pretty expensive at the dealer... I guess I will take one for the team and order one from ebay... I will let you all know how it goes and hopefully save people a few bucks if they need one.
Back to top Go down
glock19

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:42 am

ebay!
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:24 am

I had a dealer make a key for my honda.
Total cost 10 bucks...

Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:49 am

f3joel wrote:
I had a dealer make a key for my honda.
Total cost 10 bucks...

Wow not bad.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Key blank from San Diego Yamaha dealer $ 14.20.....xx#$%$X#@$%$#@ and I bought the damm bike from them!
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:08 pm

did they give you an extra when you bought it?
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Two keys come with a new wr, but I'm over 70 and have lots of senior moments when it comes to keys.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:48 pm

I understand, I hope that price was for a cut key...
Otherwise we should lynch them.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:03 am

Well lets see. You can buy the same blank on ebay for $3. So the shops cost is probably not more than $1. Sell it for $14 and you have a profit of 1400 %. The shop is usually empty on the rare occasions I'm there. Nobody in his right mind buys things there.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:58 am

No, a Yamaha dealer pays much more than $1 for a genuine Yamaha key blank.
The dealer pays $3.51, and MSRP is $7.00

If the dealer gets a cut key from the official Yamaha cut key service (where you need the key code to cut a key), it will cost much, much more than that, something around $15 dealer cost per key, plus a shipping fee.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:35 am

YZEtc wrote:
No, a Yamaha dealer pays much more than $1 for a genuine Yamaha key blank.
The dealer pays $3.51, and MSRP is $7.00

If the dealer gets a cut key from the official Yamaha cut key service (where you need the key code to cut a key), it will cost much, much more than that, something around $15 dealer cost per key, plus a shipping fee.

My key was not a genuine Yamaha key, just a plane key that sells on e=bay for three bucks. I just needed a duplicate made from my existing key. I would have been happy to pay $7.00 for a genuine Yamaha key. I think we have probably murdered this subject to death. It's obvious I have alway's harbored a dislike for motor vehicle dealers in general as blood sucking con men.
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Well it's official... the key does work. lol. I bought two of them and had them cut today. The keys took forever to arrive. I guess it's becuase it was shipped from China but I have to admit they are real nice looking. Feels good too. The lock smith pointed out these keys are not real steel. But they work and looks good so I am pretty happy. Picture of my new cut yamaha key below. =)

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
drbike

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 7:40 pm

I know this is an old post but has anyone gone the eBay route for keys lately?

Anyone have an eBay source?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 12:59 am

I went to a local ACE Hardware store and they had the blanks. They were about 10% the cost that the Yamaha dealer was going to charge me for blanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to find blank keys for wr250x?    Where to find blank keys for wr250x?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to find blank keys for wr250x?
Page 1 of 1