Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Y.E.S.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Akasy

Y.E.S. Empty
PostSubject: Y.E.S.   Y.E.S. EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:29 pm

If you bike is still under warranty and you are considering the YES, take a look here
http://www.yamahayesplansccm.com/Pricing.html
I was getting ready to order from these guys and I had to go to my dealer for oil--so I asked and they matched the price....YRMV
Back to top Go down
josh

Y.E.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Y.E.S.   Y.E.S. EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Akasy wrote:
If you bike is still under warranty and you are considering the YES, take a look here
I was getting ready to order from these guys and I had to go to my dealer for oil--so I asked and they matched the price....YRMV

That's very cheap insurance. Will help with resale, not that it matters. No one selling their WR poser2
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Y.E.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Y.E.S.   Y.E.S. EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Akasy wrote:
I got my Y.E.S. plan for about the same price back in fall of '08. Somebody over on ADV or TT tipped off that you could shop around for the warranty like the link you provided; local dealer wouldn't go near the price.

If I was doing it again, though, I'm not sure I would do the Y.E.S. thing. I bought it because it was the first year of a new bike, and so nobody had any idea if there would be lots of problems with engine issue or whatever. But that was three years ago... On the one hand, it is cheap warranty insurance to push the warranty to five years. On the other hand, it seems very, very rare that anyone has a problem that requires warranty service. I guess it comes down to asking yourself what your peace of mind is worth.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

Y.E.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Y.E.S.   Y.E.S. EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:14 pm

And something to remember if your bike breaks out of the warranty period
Back to top Go down
nu_b

nu_b

Y.E.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Y.E.S.   Y.E.S. EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:34 pm

wonder what this means:
Quote :
(3) No Y.E.S. Available for YZ/WR
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

Y.E.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Y.E.S.   Y.E.S. EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:59 pm

It just means YZ and WR off road don't have warranty and therefore warranty cannot be extended
Not referring to WRR
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Y.E.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Y.E.S.   Y.E.S. EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:56 am

0007onWR wrote:
And something to remember if your bike breaks out of the warranty period
Well, I do kind of like the fact I don't have to worry about that until the 2014 riding season... And the TRIP coverage when I'm three or four days away from home in the middle of a ride feels pretty good as well...

Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

Y.E.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Y.E.S.   Y.E.S. EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:57 pm

The thing I mean is that if a guy like yourself stepped up and paid for the warranty it's not really fair to you if Yamaha pays for a repair on a bike that has no YES contract

In Canada we have something similar only we call it YPP (Yamaha protection plus) only real diff is there is no third party insurer involved like YES has, it is all don't through Yamaha Canada
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Y.E.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Y.E.S.   Y.E.S. Empty

Back to top Go down

Y.E.S.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X General Discussion-
Jump to: