Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction

Go down 
+3
X-Racer
Berwyn Henderson
josh
7 posters
AuthorMessage
josh

Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction Empty
PostSubject: Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction   Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to make a suggestion to all who care about how one should be treated by their fellow rider in a sales transaction. A recent ad I responded to described a item as brand new and never installed. That would lead most to beleive that it was a new item and never installed. While I understand when buying something on the internet doing one's homework should always be considered. I have experienced countless transactions both the selling and buying side. 99.9% of the time, the transaction is handled with a level and integrity and honesty that all of us believe would and should be present in a transaction with fellow riders. That .1% is the exception and not the rule . However, when I have experienced this deception it burns me up.....alot.

I would like to ask that the next time you are on either side of the table in such a transaction, that you take great care, integrity and honesty in fully disclosing the condition of the item you are selling or looking for. In this particular situation I was falsely led to believe that this item was a new item. Even if a item is installed it is no longer new. This item was in fact installed and damaged or was shipped from the factory damaged. Either way, any seller with a reasonable level of integrity would have disclosed the damaged aspect of the item. Please treate your fellow rider in a way that you would prefer to be treated yourself. Last time I checked we were all on the same side. The last group I want to fear are those who share a interest in a motorcycle that gives us joy and satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction   Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Well said for sure!!!!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction   Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:33 pm

I was personally unaware of any other way to operate. ...whether they be bike riders or not.

Live by the "Golden Rule" and karma will sort the rest out.

Having said that, all buyers have a fiduciary responsibility to protect themselves. Caveat Emptor....

Though I can afford not to, I try not to buy used items, and I've been pretty lucky in that manner.

I have however had the opposite happen where I had a used bike for sale and it was literally immaculate, I mean straight, clean, well maintained, no unrepaired/replaced damaged parts (etc) - I'm talking "lick the chain clean" and a guy that came over to buy it said he wasn't impressed with the condition. ...of course that's obviously a little different when someone comes over to see it. ...and it was a four (4) year old dirt bike mind you.

I told him I was sorry and explained that everything is relative and as he stood there looking at it over-and-over (which perplexed me) so I told him we were done. ....which prompted a strange response on his part and he asked "Why". I simply told him that I would never sell a bike to someone who was disappointed with how I described it. My guess is he was trying to open the door to negotiate, which would be fine. I was posed to take 10% less to begin with.

I guess we all look at ourselves in the mirror. Some closer than others.
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction   Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:57 pm

X-Racer wrote:
I was personally unaware of any other way to operate. ...whether they be bike riders or not.

Live by the "Golden Rule" and karma will sort the rest out.

Having said that, all buyers have a fiduciary responsibility to protect themselves. Caveat Emptor....

Though I can afford not to, I try not to buy used items, and I've been pretty lucky in that manner.

I have however had the opposite happen where I had a used bike for sale and it was literally immaculate, I mean straight, clean, well maintained, no unrepaired/replaced damaged parts (etc) - I'm talking "lick the chain clean" and a guy that came over to buy it said he wasn't impressed with the condition. ...of course that's obviously a little different when someone comes over to see it. ...and it was a four (4) year old dirt bike mind you.

I told him I was sorry and explained that everything is relative and as he stood there looking at it over-and-over (which perplexed me) so I told him we were done. ....which prompted a strange response on his part and he asked "Why". I simply told him that I would never sell a bike to someone who was disappointed with how I described it. My guess is he was trying to open the door to negotiate, which would be fine. I was posed to take 10% less to begin with.

I guess we all look at ourselves in the mirror. Some closer than others.

I wasn't buying used. I was buying new as the ad stated.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction   Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:11 pm

It was pre-purchased. ....which defaults to rule #1: Caveat Emptor.

If you want "New" you can prevent being a sucker simply by buying it NEW from a dealer.

Sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction   Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:14 pm

You insult the integrity of everyone here with this post. You got burned and want to insult the honesty of the members of this forum. Thank you for reminding me to be honest and truthful you ass.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction   Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:30 pm

I take it this was a member from this forum? :hmmm:

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction   Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:52 pm

I feel the same way, I buy and sell ALOT of stuff and I sell things as I would expect them to be when I buy things. I try post up alot of pics, and not cell phone pics, quality pics and I usually ask for more pics when buying.

Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction   Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:52 pm

mordicai wrote:
You insult the integrity of everyone here with this post. You got burned and want to insult the honesty of the members of this forum. Thank you for reminding me to be honest and truthful you ass.

Really your insulted? I thought the only people who would be insulted are those without integrity. You know, that .1% . But you are correct....I was burned. Shame on me.
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction   Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:18 pm

mordicai wrote:

Talk about a cranky old fart. The majority of your posts these days are negative. Your demeanor is very odd. Get on your damn bike and ride. Calm down.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction   Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Only getting about 80 miles a day in. Need to crank up the milage, but I doubt any amount of riding is going to smooth my personality to social standards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction   Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction Empty

Back to top Go down

Integrity and honesty in Sales transaction
Page 1 of 1