Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???

Go down 
+4
zestymac
Berwyn Henderson
motokid
DougZ
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DougZ

DougZ

GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? Empty
PostSubject: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:03 pm

I am planning on making myself one. I have to buy the stock connectors in a bulk amount. So, I will probably make multiple gizmos and have them to sell off. Not looking to get rich, just pay for the materials, my time and effort and shipping. I am sure I can make and sell for a lot less than the Graves unit goes for.

Let me know is anyone is interested in one. They will probably be in the $20 ish dollar range shipped(within USA).
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:38 am

Are you talking about the "servo eliminator" for the EXUP servo connector?
For when you remove the stock exhaust altogether?

The piece that a 4 cent resistor from an electronics store, and some electrical tape or silicone can replace?

See this thread. <-- clickity - that kind of thing?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:19 am

It would be a complete plug and play unit, just like the Graves is. I personally like it so that I can take all my mods if and when I choose.

This would be for the people that want the Graves but do not want to spend $60 or so on it. It would not be for the folks that want to do the resistor and tape and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:53 am

I might be as I have not found the right resistor yet . Berwyn
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Perhaps I'll build one first, so people can see what they will be like. I have been thinking about building my own, as soon as I did the resistor ghetto mod. Very happy
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:40 pm

I'd be in for that...
Cheers, Rick
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:49 pm

DougZ wrote:
I am planning on making myself one. I have to buy the stock connectors in a bulk amount. So, I will probably make multiple gizmos and have them to sell off. Not looking to get rich, just pay for the materials, my time and effort and shipping. I am sure I can make and sell for a lot less than the Graves unit goes for.
I think Krabill or Stevecus was doing that exact same thing when Graves offered theirs. Haven't done this mod so haven't been paying a whole lot of attention.

Greer can probably find those posts - she seems to know where all things WR related can be found.

If they're still doing it, might be cheaper to buy one of them instead of Graves or replicate what another WR owner has already done.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:31 pm

I was not aware that anyone else was already making one, outside of Graves of course.

I figure I was going to make my own, anyway. And since I think I need to buy at least 12 of the factory style connectors, may as well make up a couple to sell off.

If you have a link to the sale threads for the members you mention, I'd would be interested in seeing.

I did end up buying my AIS kit off WRRduaport.com, since it was easier and more timely than making my own set up, up.

Its cost versus time..the AIS kit was worth it....buying the EXUP gizmo from Graves..not worth it...IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:26 pm

I think this might be it...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687498

My "search" interest is at an all time low today, sorry about that. The ongoing winter when it should be summer is just too depressing.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:02 pm

I am not building anything that complicated. Mine will be plug, resistor and waterproofed. Simple.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:47 pm

That's why I just went with the simple resistor. I didn't want to build a circuitboard either. Suspect

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 am

I haven't used silicone, but I've taped mine to high heaven. It still acts up in the wet, like when I ride in a hard, hard rain or blast it really well with the hose. My bike has the extended warranty so I figured best to skip the silicone. I might go for one of these things if somebody makes a batch.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:42 am

Sarah,

I'll let you know when I get around to making some up. My initial resistor mod, I installed the resistor, electrical taped it up pretty well, and then broke off two rubber(nitrile-blue) gloves' thumbs, and stretched those over it and ziptied it in place. Kinda like double bagging condoms. wink So far, so good.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:48 am

Those things work really well! Work good for shoving over the exhaust tips of cars after filling the exhaust full of mayo. wink

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:53 am

Now why didn't I think of that? I'm off to find some thumbs! Thanks again!!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
jrknecht

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 3:46 am

DougZ wrote:
I am planning on making myself one.  I have to buy the stock connectors in a bulk amount. So, I will probably make multiple gizmos and have them to sell off. Not looking to get rich, just pay for the materials, my time and effort and shipping. I am sure I can make and sell for a lot less than the Graves unit goes for.

Let me know is anyone is interested in one. They will probably be in the $20 ish dollar range shipped(within USA).

Any chance you still have some of these to pass out? ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???   GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off??? Empty

Back to top Go down

GRAVES EXUP gizmo, knock off???
Page 1 of 1