Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
squishi1993

wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp  Empty
PostSubject: wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp    wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp  EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:23 am

So i want to get some semi slick street tires.
It gets to sketchy going on the freeway 75MPH with dirt tires
I was wondering if their are any good tires out their that will fit a wrr and that stick through the turns.
Thanks sorry for the Noobie question

Last edited by squishi1993 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp    wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp  EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:34 am

When you say "dirt tires", do you mean the stock dual-purpose Bridgestones the bike came with, or some other brand of more dirt-oriented tire?

After I bought a 2009 WR-250F for my off-road riding, I spent last season riding my 2008 WR-250R as my street sport bike.
I used the stock Bridgestone tires the bike came with, and when they wore out, I bought some more of the same tires.
I feel they worked very well, and being that, as I mentioned, I rode it like a 250cc sport bike, grip on the road wasn't lacking.
Anywhere from 0-80mph (my bike's top speed), they felt rock-solid.
I used 18 psi in each tire.
Back to top Go down
squishi1993

PostSubject: Re: wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp    wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp  EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:43 pm

yess i have to stock tires on. I think the grip is fine am just talking about the speed wobbles that i get.
But i want some street slick tires wouldnt i get better MPG. Or even increase my top speed by just a little bit?
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp    wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp  EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 pm

squishi1993 wrote:
yess i have to stock tires on. I think the grip is fine am just talking about the speed wobbles that i get.
But i want some street slick tires wouldnt i get better MPG. Or even increase my top speed by just a little bit?

If your getting wobbles t speed I doubt it is your stock tires if they a re still in good condition. More likely your something is wrong with your head bearings; suspension set up; tire air pressure; front fork alignment, etc. As for the hope that street tires are going to turn your bike into KtM 690 SM , no way.
Back to top Go down
squishi1993

PostSubject: Re: wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp    wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:40 pm

mordicai wrote:
squishi1993 wrote:

If your getting wobbles t speed I doubt it is your stock tires if they a re still in good condition. More likely your something is wrong with your head bearings; suspension set up; tire air pressure; front fork alignment, etc. As for the hope that street tires are going to turn your bike into KtM 690 SM , no way.

yea i understand that it wont make my bike feel any stronger with the new tires.
i just want to be comfortable going to the canyons and taking the turns nice and fast.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp    wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 am

click me please <-- clicky

Do the tires in that thread I linked above look way to street-oriented for what you want?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
squishi1993

PostSubject: Re: wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp    wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 5:20 pm

motokid wrote:
click me please <-- clicky

Do the tires in that thread I linked above look way to street-oriented for what you want?

Noo they look just fine. the thing is that i have the WRR so idk if tires just like that will work
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp    wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:20 am

http://www.bridgestone.com/products/motorcycle_tires/products/battlax/bt45.html

get some BT45's. not a bad road tyre, fairly good milage and can still work on dirt. They are what guys run at the local oiled-dirt track speedway if they dont want to go to the expense of full 17" motard setup with Bridgestone E05Z/E08Z YEK wet race tyres.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp    wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp  Empty

Back to top Go down

wr250r with semi slick tiress helppp
Page 1 of 1