Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Funny noise help please.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave Bell

Dave Bell

Funny noise help please..... Empty
PostSubject: Funny noise help please.....   Funny noise help please..... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:39 pm

08 WR250R with about 1000 easy miles. Today I went to a motopark that involved deep sand, steep banks, turning around in deep sand and slush, and some pretty tough stuff. When turning around in the deep sand, with feet on the ground and spinning rear wheel to work the bike around, it sounded like the front sprocket was letting the chain jump a notch. This also occurred when fanning the clutch and getting up a very steep bank a couple of times. I plan on pulling the cover off and looking at the front sprocket. The other guy with me, a very experienced motorcyclist and WR250 owner, said the same thing when he heard it, that it sounded like the chain was jumping a tooth on the sprocket.

#2: at low speeds, I have noticed a squirmy, rubbery squeek. This could be on a smooth surface or whatever, sounds like two pieces of rubber rubbing together, or tennis shoes on a gym floor or something. Could even be knobby squirm on pavement?
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: Funny noise help please.....   Funny noise help please..... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:02 pm

#1 Tighten your chain.

#2 The 08's have a rubber grommet running around the outside of the rear sprocket. Lube the fuck out of the sprocket and the sound will go away for a while. Or just keep it covered in mud like myself, and you'll never hear it again.
Back to top Go down
Dave Bell

Dave Bell

PostSubject: Re: Funny noise help please.....   Funny noise help please..... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:58 pm

after I posted the above, I did notice the rubber ring on the rear sprocket, and realized that was what was making noise #2.

I did tighten and lube the chain, it might have been a tad loose. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Funny noise help please.....   Funny noise help please..... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Ya chain tension on the 08 is different, you need to push hard on the Chain when you measure tension
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny noise help please.....   Funny noise help please..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny noise help please.....
Page 1 of 1