Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250R to South America

Go down 
+20
Opie
maddaddy
foofighter
bigreddog
cryptomundo
andy mac
BPG
10Cup
rydnseek
bash3r
skierd
simmons1
SheWolf
josh
spacecadet
nu_b
Jäger
BuilderBob
motokid
SoupSandwich
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

WR250R to South America Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:57 am

Awesome report!! Those were some great pics. Very impressive. thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:19 pm

bow bow bow

Hoooolllllyyyyyy SHIT!!!!

bow bow bow bow

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Awesome! How long did it take? Do you have a more detailed thread, perhaps on ADVrider?
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:53 pm

This reminds me of the documentary "Long Way Down", with Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman. Absolutely awesome show.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 3:05 pm

TheAgavePrince wrote:
Second is I’m not a very good online/forum/bloggy type.
I happen to think that was a pretty awesome adventure report. Not because it was on a WRR, but because it was an awesome ride report.

Probably left everyone hanging around, hoping for more.

The mountain stuff really appeals to me; the mud/jungle stuff says "don't bother". But I am well known for having an antipathy towards any riding involving mud. No apolgies offered.

Got more pics and stuff for us?
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 3:18 pm

SoupSandwich wrote:
This reminds me of the documentary "Long Way Down", with Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman.
Minus all the support vehicles and crews, medic, security officers, fixers, and guides, of course...

Not knocking anyone's ride, but a solo, unsupported ride is a very, very different animal indeed.

And far higher on my "Holy shyte" scale of admiration.
Back to top Go down
nu_b

nu_b

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:12 pm

definitely impressive! thumb
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Jäger wrote:
SoupSandwich wrote:
This reminds me of the documentary "Long Way Down", with Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman.
Minus all the support vehicles and crews, medic, security officers, fixers, and guides, of course...

Not knocking anyone's ride, but a solo, unsupported ride is a very, very different animal indeed.

And far higher on my "Holy shyte" scale of admiration.

Also he didnt have Ewan's bank account to work with!! 30K miles is an insane amount of miles.
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:13 pm

amazing man, really.

Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:38 am

This was a fantastic review....short story. I think you and the WR were the perfect partners. You were good to each other and respected each others limitations and made the most. What a unbelievable open ended adventure. I felt good about my WR before, but now feel even more delighted I have one in the garage. When I do my 30 mile commute to Seattle I will think of you and your wide open view of the world. Thanks for sharing and very safe travels. cheers
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:44 am

Aw man, don't need to post on ADV he can do it here. Very happy thumb wink

simmons1

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:49 am

Thanks for the wonderful ride report of a trip that most of us will only get to dream about taking!
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:50 am

I've been avoiding this post as I was afraid it would cause a serious case of jealousy... I was right.

Fantastic ride! Hope you get the girl back together sooner than later and get her home!
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: Amazing!    WR250R to South America EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:59 am

Thank you for sharing with us your trip!! We would all love to see more of it... I've added a blog post on my site about your ride.. it's just that epic!

http://www.basherdesigns.com/2011/06/14/30000-miles-on-a-wr250r/

Thanks again!!
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:36 am

very cool ride & report.. lotsa cajones for this one. ..glad the wr worked for such an epic ride.. thanks for proving that. I liked the pics.. of course all of us would like the long version, but writing long detailed ride reports is a lot of work, & some people have a life. I'm glad you made it through ok.. some brushes with injury it sounds like, but nothing permanent.

I've often thought a lighter bike would be useful with many of the water crossings you get in the jungle.. you confirmed that.

Thanks again for the great post & pics.
scotty
Back to top Go down
10Cup

10Cup

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:01 pm

Wow, what a trip, thank you very much for sharing it with all of us here turning green with envy! All the best and please give us more.
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 3:41 pm

ridiculously epic stuff, well done! bow Should our paths ever cross, drinks on me! thumb
Back to top Go down
andy mac

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Bravo cheers And thanks for taking the time to write your RR.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:02 am

It seems to me a bike like the WR would be much more familiar to most people (mechanics) in South America. It does however seem like newer and bigger bikes are making their way down there but your paying big bucks for them (and the repairs). Finding someone to work on the WR should be relatively easy. Parts however is another story. Thanks for posting your trip, its really amazing.
Back to top Go down
bigreddog

bigreddog

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:28 am

Excellent post....huge respect for taking this trip on. cheers
Back to top Go down
foofighter

foofighter

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Wow this is my dream ride, and I thought I was crazy for wanting to do it on a WRR. Guess not haha, amazing ride report man! Really makes me want to get out and put some more miles on the bike this summer.

This might be too personal but how much did it cost you to fund this trip? The cost of taking that much time off or work would be hard enough, but fuel, food, motels, and bribes must really add up...
Back to top Go down
maddaddy

maddaddy

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:14 am

TheAgavePrince wrote:

WR250R to South America P1030315e
The many bridges along BR319 required a bit of dismounting and field repair to be safe(r).

I think that's the same bridge my friend broke his neck on trying to cross it on his 1150GS

Of course he lived to tell about it.
Back to top Go down
Opie

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:26 pm

Did he delete the report? I don't see it..
Back to top Go down
tick-tock

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:16 pm

Yeah... Where is this report everyone is raving about??

Opie wrote:
Back to top Go down
jarabe1

jarabe1

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:02 am

Opie wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250R to South America    WR250R to South America Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250R to South America
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next