Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Electrified Tankbag-My way

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kbike

kbike

Electrified Tankbag-My way Empty
PostSubject: Electrified Tankbag-My way   Electrified Tankbag-My way EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:31 pm

I have always liked tankbags and I always seem to have accessories that need to be powered, so the next step was to electrify my tankbag. I have a lot of bikes, so interchangeability and universality is very important.

My solution is a distribution box in the tankbag and a connection to a 12V BMW style jack located somewhere around the handlebar. The box has a cigarette jack, 2-2.5mm jacks and an SAE 2 pin connector, and a coiled wire with BMW plug to connect to the BMW jack. It also has a 15 amp fuse inside.

Electrified Tankbag-My way CIMG2645-M

Electrified Tankbag-My way CIMG2646-M

I don't use the radar detector on the WR250, but on my other bikes I locate the detector in the tankbag in the pocket that is in the lid under the map. I have a detector with an earphone jack and run a wire to a series of LED's in a small box on the windscreen. Lazer doesn't work in the bag, but I haven't found any Lazer, yet!

I've used this setup for the last 20 plus years, both in the dirt and on the highway, without any problems. I know that most people don't like a lot of wires hanging out of the bag, but the 2 or 3 wires isn't a problem for me. Another advantage is that most rental bikes have a accessory jack, so hooking up all of your electronics or charging batteries is really easy, especially outside of the US where they use funny plugs and weird voltages.

Electrified Tankbag-My way CIMG2647-M

Electrified Tankbag-My way CIMG2652-M

This one is on my KTM and is just one way of doing it. YMMV

Electrified Tankbag-My way CIMG2643-M

Last edited by kbike on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: Electrified Tankbag-My way   Electrified Tankbag-My way EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Neat idea, but an admin should change the title of this post. I was wondering what a "tankgag" was...
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

PostSubject: Re: Electrified Tankbag-My way   Electrified Tankbag-My way EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 5:14 pm

craigq wrote:
Neat idea, but an admin should change the title of this post. I was wondering what a "tankgag" was...
Fixed; Thanks, I'm sure a lot of guys will call it a tankgag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electrified Tankbag-My way   Electrified Tankbag-My way Empty

Back to top Go down

Electrified Tankbag-My way
Page 1 of 1