Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Suirprised Myself

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
twday

twday

Suirprised Myself Empty
PostSubject: Suirprised Myself   Suirprised Myself EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:06 am

It's cheating, I know, but I taught an MSF ERC (Experienced Rider Course) last weekend on my WRX. I usually handicap myself with my V-Strom, but my brother arrived Friday night, took off on the V-Strom Saturday morning, and we haven't seen him since. So, Sunday I rode the WR to the range. My co-instructor kept calling the WR "his bicycle" and the cruiser boys and girls in the class thought that was funny, but they didn't seem to be put off by the fact that my ride was about 600 pounds lighter than theirs. I usually just reply, "I didn't pick your bike for you," when students complain that my motorcycle is "too easy" to ride, but that wasn't an issue that weekend.

The further we got into the course, the more fun I was having doing the exercises on the WR. When I rode the last figure-B cornering exercise, I surprised myself when the right peg scraped the ground. I have had the WR on a closed course, a couple of times, and leaned as far as I'm comfortable barely touched the ground with my toe. This time, the peg came up and almost startled me into going outside of the curve. The cool thing was that i didn't feel even slightly uncomfortable and was almost on automatic pilot during the demonstration.

I suspect most of you do this shit all the time, but I'm 63 and don't make much of an effort to push my limits so it was especially fun to be this comfortable leaned well into the turn on the coolest motorcycle I've ever ridden. I would rather be on my WR than any bike imported to the US. My brother is somewhere in North Dakota on my DL650 and he's about as happy. His last bike was some kind of mid-80's Yamaha cruiser and he'd forgotten how much fun dirt roads can be.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Suirprised Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suirprised Myself   Suirprised Myself EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 am

That's awesome! It's a strange feeling when your toe and peg hit the ground when you're not expecting it. I hope I'm still dragging pegs at 63! thumb
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

Suirprised Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suirprised Myself   Suirprised Myself EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:59 am

:)

hope your brother comes back/is having fun, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suirprised Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suirprised Myself   Suirprised Myself Empty

Back to top Go down

Suirprised Myself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WR250X Specific-
Jump to: