Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews

Go down 
+3
rc23
trav72
motokid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews Empty
PostSubject: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:16 am

So you X riders out there, what aftermarket front brake pads are you buying?
And what are your impressions of them?

Stopping power over stock?
How long they last?
Price?
Fit?

Feel?

Looking for feedback of any kind from guys who spend well over 80% of their riding time on the mean streets.

Thanks in advance. thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:59 am

I bought and installed some Galfer pads from Cycle Gear a few weeks ago. There is a noticeable increase over stock. I think they were $40 a set but I can't remember exactly. Obviously I don't know how long they last yet.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:41 am

Vesrah - Best brake pads you can buy hands down. I've run EBC, galfer, and ferodo pads on my race bike until I tried vesrahs bc they were so expensive...hooked on them since for about 5 years now.

I just ordered a set for the X so I'll let you know how they are on the track...hopefully Friday.

$50 a set

Too bad they don't make the same SRJL's that I have on my race bike...but then again, I'm not putting $300 pads on this thing.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:54 am

What did you guys order?

Sintered?
Organic?
Carbon?

Why are there so many choices?????????? baldy

Part Numbers? Links to where you bought them?

Anything more would be a great help.

thumb

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:58 am

Just go over to Cycle Gear in Bear, DE and pick up some Galfer pads. They provide PLENTY of braking power on the little 250. You'll have them in hand, installed in 15 minutes and riding 5 minutes later.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 pm

trav72 wrote:
Just go over to Cycle Gear in Bear, DE and pick up some Galfer pads. They provide PLENTY of braking power on the little 250. You'll have them in hand, installed in 15 minutes and riding 5 minutes later.

Which ones did you pick? Semi-metallic or Sintered?

I have time to wait in case I decide to place an order over internet.

Searching out the options and responses from the more knowledgeable members here.

I don't have a problem with going to Cycle Gear. They've received plenty o' dollars from me so far.

Very happy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:15 pm

I don't remember exactly. Just that they were the more expensive ones.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:33 pm

Sintered is what you want.

EBC HH kit pads are good also - They are way better than the HH pads you can find in stores. Just have to call the rep.

Normal EBC HH pads - FA142HH

Vesrah - VD-156JL
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:12 pm

ferodo sinter grip HH front and back.
on for over two years, not much wear noticed on thickness.
did braided lines at the same time.
braking performance and feel greatly increased.

i bought them on ebay for very cheap, like 20 shipped or something.
i went to this link

http://www.ferodoracing.com/catalogue/detail_motorcycle.php?cat=brake_pads&code=FDB570

and at the bottom under applications you can click on all the different models that share the same pads.
i used this handy info to search ebay for obscure models that share the same pads.
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:00 pm

How long did the front brakes last for you guys before swapping out? I'm sitting at just over 5k miles and starting to get to that point.
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:18 am

I don't remember exactly which pads I was running as I was never really very happy with any of them. I think they may have been the EBC HH sintered. Anyway, they finally gave up the ghost at a bit over 8000 km.

The bike blew a fork seal and polluted the pads. I got the seal fixed, bead blasted the disk and soaked the caliper and pads in brake cleaner but they never came back again even though they have a fair bit of material left.

I have a steel braided line on the WRX but the biggest problem with the little WR's brakes is that crappy one sided caliper. It just can't offer enough braking force to allow the binders to be modulated properly. They tend to be ON or OFF which fricken sucks. GAHHHH

I'd give up a squidgy bit of my body to have a decent 4 pot caliper fit the WRX.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:34 pm

CDNSXV wrote:
... but the biggest problem with the little WR's brakes is that crappy one sided caliper. It just can't offer enough braking force to allow the binders to be modulated properly. They tend to be ON or OFF which fricken sucks. GAHHHH

I'd give up a squidgy bit of my body to have a decent 4 pot caliper fit the WRX.
I agree. This summer I aborted a pass and chirped the front tire. Got a little crossed up too as I was braking hard and pulling back in behind the truck. Shog I should have known better and waited for a better passing place, but dammit Spock I'm a rider not a doctor, and there were sweet curves there!! (Bear Notch Rd in NH, North off the Kanc)

My 'challenge' is switching from my 675 Street Triple R, which has very nice radial 4 pot brakes, to the X. The 675 has a bit more HP too. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews   X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

X Specific - Front Brake Pads - Your Reviews
Page 1 of 1