Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

"SABMATIN's X

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

"SABMATIN's X Empty
PostSubject: "SABMATIN's X   "SABMATIN's X EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:59 am

Went out for a weekend ride and grabbed a few shots.

Lake Champlain (Sandbar State Park Milton, VT)
"SABMATIN's X 2011-010

"SABMATIN's X 2011-011

Vermont Covered Bridge (Cambridge, VT)
"SABMATIN's X 2011-012

"SABMATIN's X 2011-013

"SABMATIN's X 2011-014

Back to top Go down

"SABMATIN's X Empty
PostSubject: Latest Mods!   "SABMATIN's X EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:29 pm

"SABMATIN's X 2011-015HMF Competition Slip-On

I wanted to be different than everyone by not buying an FMF. HMF builds an amazing pipe for the WRx. It took 15+ days to receive because they are made to order, very unique sound with huge power gains.

"SABMATIN's X 2011-017
Front Fender Mod Step1

"SABMATIN's X 2011-018
Front Fender Mod Step2

"SABMATIN's X 2011-019
Front Fender Mod Finished Product

"SABMATIN's X 2011-020
Hand Made ABS Skid

"SABMATIN's X 2011-021

"SABMATIN's X 2011-022

I love it and it is a ton of fun to ride. Let me know what you think.

Mod List:
HMF Competition Series Slip-on, K&N Air Filter, Air box AIS vacuum bypass (not to void warranty), Servo cables disconnected (not to void warranty), Edge2 Tail Light kit, Custom clear turn signals, 12tooth front sprocket, under-bar mirrors, Hand-Made ABS Skid plate, Carbon Fork protectors.
"SABMATIN's X 81769310

Last edited by SABMATIN on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

"SABMATIN's X Empty
PostSubject: Re: "SABMATIN's X   "SABMATIN's X EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:49 pm

I love that pipe. Been wanting one.
Back to top Go down

"SABMATIN's X Empty
PostSubject: Re: "SABMATIN's X   "SABMATIN's X EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:52 pm

BoredAzHell20 wrote:
I love that pipe. Been wanting one.

It is awesome. Very much worth the wait. It is very loud from the factory but it comes with 2 DB inserts to tame it down. It gives a huge HP gain and quicker throttle. I am planning on the HMF Programmer as well to round it all out. By adding the pipe, dropping the front to a 12t and adding the K&N Air filter it is a totally different machine.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

"SABMATIN's X Empty
PostSubject: Re: "SABMATIN's X   "SABMATIN's X EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm digging the hand-made skidplate. I think I'm going to do something similar since the AXP skidplate deal never materialized.

Where'd you source the plastic? Did you have to heat it to take the bend or is just held that way with the hardware?
Back to top Go down

"SABMATIN's X Empty
PostSubject: Re: "SABMATIN's X   "SABMATIN's X EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:53 am

pbnut wrote:
I'm digging the hand-made skidplate. I think I'm going to do something similar since the AXP skidplate deal never materialized.

Where'd you source the plastic? Did you have to heat it to take the bend or is just held that way with the hardware?

It is pretty cool plus it cost's pennies compared to aftermarket ones. I purchased the KYDEX sheet from Amazon
Kydex 1/8"

Put the bike on a lift and made a cardboard template first. I made 2 out of one sheet. To answer your question is yes i did have to heat it a little. I bolted it in place first and that started the initial bend then i heated it to form it a little better.

I can make you a template if you want?
Back to top Go down
GsVs

"SABMATIN's X Empty
PostSubject: Fender cut   "SABMATIN's X EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:14 pm

Hey ....
Your cut on the fender is very clean thumb - Curious to what tools you used to cut and clean it up ??

SABMATIN wrote:

"SABMATIN's X 2011-018
Front Fender Mod Step2

Back to top Go down

"SABMATIN's X Empty
PostSubject: Re: "SABMATIN's X   "SABMATIN's X EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:15 pm

GsVs wrote:
Hey ....
Your cut on the fender is very clean thumb - Curious to what tools you used to cut and clean it up ??

SABMATIN wrote:

"SABMATIN's X 2011-018
Front Fender Mod Step2

Thanks!

I used a piece of posterboard and traced out the front of the fender (pre cutting) cut it out then taped it to the fender with the point right at the end of the middle groove of the fender. Traced it out with a sharpie and used a die-grinder to cut it off. Then used a DA sander with 80 then 120grit paper to clean up and round out the cuts. Finished it off with 1000 grit wet sand paper and polished with pledge. thumb
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

"SABMATIN's X Empty
PostSubject: Re: "SABMATIN's X   "SABMATIN's X EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 10:30 am

SABMATIN wrote:
pbnut wrote:

It is pretty cool plus it cost's pennies compared to aftermarket ones. I purchased the KYDEX sheet from Amazon
Kydex 1/8"

Put the bike on a lift and made a cardboard template first. I made 2 out of one sheet. To answer your question is yes i did have to heat it a little. I bolted it in place first and that started the initial bend then i heated it to form it a little better.

I can make you a template if you want?
Very cool. I ordered the plastic sheet just now. What did you find was the best way to cut it?
A template would be super cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"SABMATIN's X Empty
PostSubject: Re: "SABMATIN's X   "SABMATIN's X Empty

Back to top Go down

"SABMATIN's X
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X Pictures-
Jump to: