Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X

Go down 
+16
jacque372
Mugster
Akoffroader
motokid
mwakey
tjohnson
mx284
CDNSXV
asheville thumper
SpiritWolf15
mtb
0007onWR
dirtytrixx400
MeefZah
ZED
SheWolf
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X Empty
PostSubject: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Guess what Wolfie's got coming... wink

Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X Attitu10

Last edited by SheWolf on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:31 pm

Well, I can't quite read the fine print, so I don't know exactly what make/model it is, but my phsychic powers tell me that it's an electronic device for modifying the stock fuel map.
Nice!
thumb

We'll expect a FULL report.

Must keep reminding myself that the WRX is a budget bike that's good out-a-the-box and doesn't need farkles. droooool
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:35 pm

It's a power programmer like the one FMF puts out. Only this is by Attitude Industries. This guy makes them for sleds and atv's but he'll make me one for my R². cheers Cheaper than the FMF, 2 year warranty and uses the same logic as the FMF. thumb

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:35 am

Oooohhhhh. eeek Must have more info. This cheap bugger wants for his little bugger! Very happy
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:03 am

ZED wrote:

Must keep reminding myself that the WRX is a budget bike that's good out-a-the-box and doesn't need farkles. droooool

I'm with you on this.

I'm not a good enough rider to maximize the bike's potential stock; let along if I start remapping the FI, and replacing the exhaust, etc. Ironically, a really good rider doesn't need the extra 3 horsepower you might generate with all that stuff.

Some "farkles" are needed to protect your investment (skidplate, barbusters, etc.) and some are just designed to give you something to tinker with. I get a kick out of reading the ADV thread with the different FMF settings people are trying... you know what I'm doing while they are playing with their laptop in their garage? Freaking riding, man. Freaking riding.

Not dissing Shewolf or anyone that wants to spend money and time on that, more power to you, but I'll wager unless you are an enduro level rider I'll be able to ride the same stuff at the same speed as you guys with your fancy schmancy FMF / other systems on my stock bike. wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:10 am

Ok. This unit is $180 USD. Cost me $232 CAD to my door, they shipped it UPS. Apparently this unit is programmed a bit differently than the FMF in regards to fine tuning capabilities, according to Derek, the owner/developer.

DEMO

This thing lets you play with the actual unit online so you get a really good understanding of the procedure used to tune the module. Derek I'd have to say is excellent with answering any questions regarding the module, and the shop staff are all very friendly and have extensive backgrounds in the powersports industry. thumb

Meef, no diss taken bud. freaky I'm just a mod whore...everything I own has been modded to some degree or another. If you're happy with your bike the way it is, that's the main thing, right? My personal experience I've found is that the little buggar is choked with all the emission crap, so I decided to go ahead and open him up a little bit. I have to wait between mods because the cash flow is tight like it is for a lot of people these days. baldy Better than spending it on dope. amazon

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:38 pm

cash flow is very tight here for me too right now,but i'm hoping it will get better soon.
i'm thinking this would be the best engine mod to get first so you will be able to tune each part as you go.

i looked at their site and the demo....i like it.

as for doing mods....i'm mainly looking for a little more grunt in the lower range. the mid to top are good or at least good enough....but yea more power anywhere is good too. Very happy
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Gee, that demo looks pretty good. If a person had a portable exhaust sniffer, you could likely get your tuning done reasonably well with the seat of the pants dyno while making sure your A/F ratio was reasonable.

Edit: found a couple of DIY posts for A/F meters. Makes one go hmmm...

http://www.scirocco.org/tech/misc/afgauge/af.html
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Carbs/AFMonitor/AFMonitor.htm
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Which unit is it you got?
They don't actually list the WR of course, so it's from a sled or quad. They have different ones.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:11 pm

No, it's not listed on there because he's making it to order for my bike. Very happy

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:17 pm

Sweet! We definitely need a full report when you get that puppy going.
He may have a bunch more business at that price point if this works out.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyFri May 15, 2009 4:25 pm

MeefZah wrote:
ZED wrote:

I'm with you on this.

I'm not a good enough rider to maximize the bike's potential stock; let along if I start remapping the FI, and replacing the exhaust, etc. Ironically, a really good rider doesn't need the extra 3 horsepower you might generate with all that stuff.

Some "farkles" are needed to protect your investment (skidplate, barbusters, etc.) and some are just designed to give you something to tinker with. I get a kick out of reading the ADV thread with the different FMF settings people are trying... you know what I'm doing while they are playing with their laptop in their garage? Freaking riding, man. Freaking riding.

Not dissing Shewolf or anyone that wants to spend money and time on that, more power to you, but I'll wager unless you are an enduro level rider I'll be able to ride the same stuff at the same speed as you guys with your fancy schmancy FMF / other systems on my stock bike. wink

Ya but dont forget that there are different people out there, speaking for myself (and by the look's of it Shewolf too) some of us are as into the machine as we are into riding the machine, it's got little to do with making the bike better, it's all about making it more interesting
Personalizing it is part of the reason it remain's interesting
In the sledding world the saying is "Stock Suck's", if everyone was into stock the aftermarket industry wouldn't even exist
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyFri May 15, 2009 4:41 pm

thumb +10 Good to have ya back Red, I missed ya! Very happy

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyFri May 15, 2009 10:20 pm

0007onWR wrote:
Ya but dont forget that there are different people out there, speaking for myself (and by the look's of it Shewolf too) some of us are as into the machine as we are into riding the machine, it's got little to do with making the bike better, it's all about making it more interesting
Personalizing it is part of the reason it remain's interesting
In the sledding world the saying is "Stock Suck's", if everyone was into stock the aftermarket industry wouldn't even exist

Word. thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:45 pm

Holy hot screaming shit... eeek I got the tuner. Took all of 10 minutes to wire in, and got it going. Modded the airbox, cranked it over and set the parameters. With just this thing boy did it ever smarten it up! That front wheel comes up like nothing...gotta watch that...the exhaust smell is nice and clean, no soot and throttle response is snappy. This thing is a snap to use, too. I can hardly wait to rip the can off and throw on the Q when it comes! Customer service is bar none. I talk directly to the owner/developer any time of the day, and he even calls me back with information on it. He told me once I get the can to give him a call on his cell and he would set me up with a custom map he thinks would work great. thumb Best money spent so far.

Attitude Power Programmer
Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X IMG_0992

Airbox mod Very happy
Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X IMG_0993

Full system
Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X IMG_0994

mtb

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:56 pm

Nice paws Very happy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:01 pm

I gotta be different. wink

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:05 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I gotta be different. wink

Looks great momma wuff *snuggles*

Now you'll be able to leave me and Torch in the dust even easier eh? wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:07 pm

And cover you with more mud... Very happy

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyTue May 26, 2009 1:44 am

SheWolf wrote:
And cover you with more mud... Very happy

Woo!! X3
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyTue May 26, 2009 1:12 pm

How does this programmer differ from the FMF one? The demo looks as if it has the identical settings and is programmed the same. Same 2 year warranty as well. Keep us posted on what you think about it after you get to play with it some.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyTue May 26, 2009 9:09 pm

So far I like it. As for differ?
The EFI
controllers use the same LOAD based technology and they are HARDWARE manufactured to be identical.
Even though the controllers look the same and adjust the same, the operational code or map or setup
or whatever you want to call it, is DIFFERENT. Granted they are going to be pretty similar in some ways. What I also like is that the developer is always available to answer questions, day or night. Nothing like talking straight to the guy who makes them and knows his product. thumb

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:56 am

Quote :
If a person had a portable exhaust sniffer, you could likely get your tuning done reasonably well with the seat of the pants dyno while making sure your A/F ratio was reasonable.

Rev has an exhaust gas analyzer. I asked cause I need one for the SXV.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:02 am

Hmmm...I'll have to do some digging around and see if any of the shops have one. Once I get the pipe. Very happy

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:57 am

CDNSXV wrote:
Quote :
If a person had a portable exhaust sniffer, you could likely get your tuning done reasonably well with the seat of the pants dyno while making sure your A/F ratio was reasonable.

Rev has an exhaust gas analyzer. I asked cause I need one for the SXV.

Yes, they also have a Dyno to do it right.
I'm considering doing things on the cheap though and shop time starts to get expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X Empty

Back to top Go down

Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next