Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Off Road Riding Gear

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
00PowderSpecial

Off Road Riding Gear Empty
PostSubject: Off Road Riding Gear   Off Road Riding Gear EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:48 pm

So, I need to get some gear more suited for off road riding, as I'm not going to wear my 2 piece AStars leathers and SMX+'s in the dirt. I was curious in wanting to try the Icon PDX pants and jacket, it's technically rain gear, but it could be used as that on longer trips on the street over 2 piece suit, or I could wear it alone or with pressure suit. Ive been looking at Jerseys and Pants, but they all seem so thin looks like you would freeze on a chilly day and you would stilll get soaked if caught in the rain. Anyone using the PDX suit with an opinion? I'm thinking hi vis orange too, would go well with the blue bike and match my orange shoei picotte rf1000.
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Riding Gear   Off Road Riding Gear EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:30 pm

If you're riding actual off road, you're going slow enough & working hard enough that you really want the breathable fabrics or you'll roast in short order. That is also one of the reasons for an MX helmet with goggles rather than a full face helmet with visor - air flow!

I have zero knowledge of the suit you're asking about.
Back to top Go down
00PowderSpecial

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Riding Gear   Off Road Riding Gear EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 pm

My off road riding will mainly consist of woods roads and nothing too technical. I'm in Newfoundland Canada too so it's usually 10-20 degrees celcius and a chilly wind, so I would rather be warm than froze! Also going to be needing some boots
Back to top Go down
00PowderSpecial

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Riding Gear   Off Road Riding Gear EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:14 pm

I bought the jacket today, and love it! I had it on today, and it was probably one of the warmest days we'll have of around 25 degrees and it was great, I did sweat a little, but I wasn't cold and it blocks out the wind perfectly, also big enough to fit over my leathers when it's raining and I'm on the street, Got the mil spec Orange, they didn't have the pants in stock so I'll have to wait for them.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Riding Gear   Off Road Riding Gear EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:35 pm

worthless

......or at least pictures/links. Something !
Back to top Go down
00PowderSpecial

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Riding Gear   Off Road Riding Gear EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Heres a link to the jacket, http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/41/16957/ITEM/Icon-PDX-Rain-Jacket.aspx
and bought these pants today http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/9/31363/ITEM/Fox-Racing-Nomad-Pants.aspx
and some alpinestars sp1 gloves for the street, and im just wearing my AStars SMX+ boots until I can find some off road boots.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Riding Gear   Off Road Riding Gear EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:48 am

I have been wearing the Gaerne Balance Oiled boots and have been very happy with them. extremely comfortable, waterproof, and decent protection. Warning: you will not get much ankle support/protection from this boot.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/3/13215/ITEM/Gaerne-Balance-Oiled-Boots.aspx

I am not sure about this but it appears as though the Gaerne G-Adventure boots might be replacing the oiled boot version I have;

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/gaerne-g-adventure-boots

for MX I wear the Gaerne SG10 boots. I cant say enough good things about this boot. These boots offer great protection and have good forward and backward motion for shifting and also great feel for braking.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/gaerne-sg10-boots-2008
Back to top Go down
dnf

dnf

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Riding Gear   Off Road Riding Gear EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:02 am

I got a pair of those Gaerne G Adventures thrown in when I bought my bike. They seem pretty good. Not full on MX boots but way more protection than my Alpinestar road racing boots! I put some waterproof stuff on them just in case. Nice Vibram soles on them.
I was going to fork out the big bucks for the Sidi Adventurer boots but these will do me for awhile I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Riding Gear   Off Road Riding Gear Empty

Back to top Go down

Off Road Riding Gear
Page 1 of 1