Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Back in the saddle

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
MrGreenjeans
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MrGreenjeans

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Back in the saddle   Back in the saddle EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:46 am

Hello to all,
Happy to be a new member, and happier to be taking delivery of my new 2010 250X tomorrow. I live in Massachusetts (south of Boston), but grew up in New Mexico where I learned to ride. Trail and desert riding put the bug in me and it's never left. I haven't owned a bike in almost 30 years. My first was a Kawasaki 100 enduro when I was 13. The bike didn't last long as I did not understand the importance and regular maintenance and upkeep (why is there blue smoke coming out of the exhaust?).

My last bike was a 1978 Yamaha 125 enduro, back in Albuquerque. Great for trail and mountain riding. Not great for commuting in the snow.

Now, I've finally taken the plunge, and bought the bike of my dreams. I'm really excited about getting back to the fun and freedom of riding and exploring the back roads and trails. Any other riders in MA that want to do some exploriing, let me know. Happy Trails to All!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle   Back in the saddle EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:51 am

LOL, love the name! Brings back memories as a kid. thumb Welcome to the pack! Very happy

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for the welcome   Back in the saddle EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi SheWolf,
Thank you for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle   Back in the saddle EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:30 am

Hey Mr Green Jeans.....

So, * curious * if you grew up on a dirt bike, why the "X" ?

...not that you can't "R" it or swing both ways (so to speak).

Seems somewhat counter intuitive to me.

Either way... Welcome and enjoy.

- Robert
Back to top Go down
skierd

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle   Back in the saddle EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:33 am

wings I love hearing people finally taking the plunge and getting the bike after waiting for God knows why for so long! Ride it, ride the piss out of it to make up for lost time, and enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle   Back in the saddle EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:26 am

skierd wrote:
wings I love hearing people finally taking the plunge and getting the bike after waiting for God knows why for so long! Ride it, ride the piss out of it to make up for lost time, and enjoy it!

I can't even imagine. ...but I can imagine making up for lost time !

"Honey, I've got something I HAVE to DO ! I'll be back in a year - or so".
Back to top Go down
MrGreenjeans

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Guys   Back in the saddle EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Thanks Guys,
Took delivery at 11:00 a.m. Been having a blast tearing around the neighborhood. I've been scaring everyone (including myself) with the fact that I'm still trying to master the whole "stopping" thing. Didn't get a temp. tag :nono: so I'm slightly illegal until I make it to the DMV tomorrow. I went down to the DMV parkiing lot to practice stopping and starting. I hadn't been on a bike in 28+ years, and I'm 5'7, 125 lbs. (soaking wet). Got comfortable with the bike and headed back home. As I pull up to the corner by my house, all the neighbors are out checking me out on my new bike. I stall it at thee stop sign. Awesome.

Happy Trails!
Back to top Go down
MrGreenjeans

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Hi X   Back in the saddle EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:24 pm

In regard to your question, why not the R? I live in suburban Boston :-( and I honestly have not even seen a dirt road in the 17+ years I've been here. I know there are places to ride in central and western Massachusetts, but I wanted something best suited for street riding because I'm thinking that is what I will be doing mostly. I prefer riding out in the desert and mountains, but sadly there is a good possibility that I will not ever make it back to the Southwest. Coming to that realization, I decided that I might just as well go with what seemed best. For my size, this bike is ideal. Take Care and chat with you soon.

Happy Trails!
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle   Back in the saddle EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 6:00 pm

We dont get temp tags in ma. Dont start your new motorcycle adventure with a tow truck ride.
Back to top Go down
MrGreenjeans

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Temp Tags   Back in the saddle EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 6:09 pm

I hear you DTX,

The GM was supposed to bring them. He forgot dddog I am going to head right down to get my plate first thing in the morning. Life has a whole new meaning, all the sudden!! I bought the bike from a dealer in PA.
Back to top Go down
MrGreenjeans

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: DTX   Back in the saddle EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:50 pm

Now I understand what you meant by "we don't get temp. tags in MA". I show up at the RMV this morning with proof of insurance and bill of sale thinking I am all set. No. No Title, no registration. General Manager who delivered the vehicle to me yesterday had/has the Title and is on his way back to PA. dddog
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle   Back in the saddle EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:53 pm

wow,now that just plain sucks.
Somebody had better overnite you that paper !
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle   Back in the saddle EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:22 pm

hopefully you get your title soon,,I'm not sure how far braintree is from oxford but there is some offroad trails at hodges resevoir in oxford,,I rode there the other day for the first time.most of the trails that I was on would be fine for an X...............good luck,,Jason
Back to top Go down
MrGreenjeans

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle   Back in the saddle EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:41 am

DTX,
Yes, my friend, I'm hoping he will overnight it to me. I am tired of sitting on my bike in the garage. scratch

Jason, thanks for the info. on hodges resevoir. It sounds like a good place to check out on a Saturday or Sunday.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle   Back in the saddle EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:53 pm

http://masstrailrider.com/content.php
Hodges has its own site. fed land,run by a ranger who has a bike ! Just remember we need off road stickers in mass. Even with your street tag.
First time i road hodges was on the x,with 17s. We ride out that way every few weeks.
Just a thought,if you have proof of sales tax paid you could get your ORV stickers before your title get back.
Back to top Go down
MrGreenjeans

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle   Back in the saddle EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:35 am

DTX,
The document is being delivered by UPS today. wings p.s. thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back in the saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle   Back in the saddle Empty

Back to top Go down

Back in the saddle
Page 1 of 1