Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Oh where oh where are the T63's

Go down 
+4
PYG RYDR
mordicai
X-Racer
zestymac
8 posters
AuthorMessage
zestymac

zestymac

Oh where oh where are the T63's Empty
PostSubject: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Looking for a new set of Michelin T63's for my WR250X/R. They seem to be MIA everywhere. Any ideas?

Cheers, Rick
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:34 am

Just look...

http://motorcycle.motorcycle-superstore.com/search#w=T63
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:22 am

Just look...........Motorcycle Superstore does not have T63 available!
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:39 am

Poked around and stopped when I found this.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/cart

I added it to the cart, then removed, appears to be in stock.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:52 am

And here:

http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/642757/Michelin-T63-Road/Dual-Sport-Rear-Tire
Back to top Go down
Scharcon

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Quote :
Just look...........Motorcycle Superstore does not have T63 available!

Niether does Bike Bandit. I have been waiting for 4 or 5 months. Have to double check these other two sites monday with a phone call.
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:56 pm

I think you'll find the fronts are available bur the rears are not....

I'm going to call Michelin USA to see if they know whats up.... I wonder if the T63's are /were Mfg in Japan...

lurk
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:32 am

zestymac,

Please let us know what you learn....

Sarah
Back to top Go down
TNkayaker

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:06 am

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Waiting for the rear tire for several months. T-63's are my favorite tire. I may have to find another brand/style if they don't show up soon. I have tried lots of tires and for the riding I do, these work the best and last pretty for quite a while. I imagine Michelin runs tires in large batches, and once they produce some more, we will be able to get them for quite a while.

Mark
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:31 am

It's very difficult to purchase products these days from many manufacturers. In photography for example it's impossible to find many top quality cameras and lens available for sale. I'm told that with the world economy as it is many manufacturers have cut back on production and inventories are very low, and that it will be like this for quite a while. Tried to find a new WR250R lately. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:31 pm

Per Michelin there is a known counrtywide backorder status on the rears. The issue is that demand exceeds supply and the factory in Europe cannot keep up.... That being said, a shipment of 120/80/18's will be here sometime mid August; and a shipment of 130/80/18 will be here late October-November.

Thats what they told me.... lurk
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:43 am

Thank you!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:00 am

FYI, a Michelin Desert, while heavy and huge, will fit. Same tread pattern as T-63, DOT legal, and supposedly wear like iron. At $145 from motorcycle superstore, they aren't exactly cheap, but they are available, and free shipping. thumb
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:15 pm

They seem to have arrived in the US a bit quicker than Michelin said... I ordered up a set and cant wait to spoon em on...
Back to top Go down
TNkayaker

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:20 pm

I snagged a set too. Although the WRR may have to wear her shoes a little longer. I may be spooning them on my new italian mistress, 2010 Beta 400 RR wink
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 pm

NICE!! let's see a pic of that Beta.
Back to top Go down
TNkayaker

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Pics coming soon, within a few days! Riding a friends Husaberg has given me the "want lots of torque" bug. I've been following the Betas for a while, and have test driven several. The 520 was more than I wanted in the woods, but the 400 is like a magic carpet ride. Not sure if it will replace the WRR. I've got to finish installing the dual sport goodies so I can get my tag, and then we'll see how she handles the kind of riding I do. Mix of street and dirt. For now I will keep both, but in the end, I will need to make a decision as my garage is not big enough!

Mark
Back to top Go down
TNkayaker

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Here's a pic of the "new to me" 2010 Beta 400 RR. The title lists it as a 2011 model, but it was advertised and priced as a 2010, so no foul there. I am in the process of converting it to dual sport. Another week or so and it will be tagged for the street!

Oh where oh where are the T63's Beta400rt

Mark
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Beta   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Wow!

That is one serious piece of kit!
Back to top Go down
TNkayaker

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:26 am

Strange place to post this I know, but since I first brought it up in this forum, I will put it here. I finally got my Beta 400RR dual sported and tagged and got to go for my first ride this weekend. Did about 100 miles, mostly dirt/gravel roads and a little single track and 30 miles of pavement. What a sweet ride, it is everything I hoped it wouuld be and more. Looks like the beloved WRR will be hitting the for sale section soon. I'll tell ya, the XT250 was my gateway drug, then the WRR, and I think the Beta 400 is my final graduation to "shoot it straight in my veins".

A pic in the drive way before the ridOh where oh where are the T63's Mark__Beta_21e:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh where oh where are the T63's   Oh where oh where are the T63's Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh where oh where are the T63's
Page 1 of 1