Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thumpjump

Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro Empty
PostSubject: Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro   Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:47 am

My team mate and I are going to enter the Dawn to Dusk 12 hour enduro competition in Wales, U.K. It's my last 3 months in Europe (PCS with the military back to the States) and I figured I'd go out with style. I'll let y'all know how the now heavily modified WRR does in UK's most extreme enduro.

The funny thing is that I'm going to ride it from Germany to Wales, 1100km, race 12 hours, then come back to Germany. I'm guessing I'll be one of the only people riding to the event on my race machine, then hopefully riding home:)

www.dawntodusk.co.uk

Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro   Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:58 pm

good luck, let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
v-tec

PostSubject: Re: Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro   Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 10:45 am

thumpjump wrote:
My team mate and I are going to enter the Dawn to Dusk 12 hour enduro competition in Wales, U.K. It's my last 3 months in Europe (PCS with the military back to the States) and I figured I'd go out with style. I'll let y'all know how the now heavily modified WRR does in UK's most extreme enduro.

The funny thing is that I'm going to ride it from Germany to Wales, 1100km, race 12 hours, then come back to Germany. I'm guessing I'll be one of the only people riding to the event on my race machine, then hopefully riding home:)

www.dawntodusk.co.uk

You and paul will make a good team, this event is one you will enjoy, But come anywhere but 2nd, you know what i meen by that,
martin and i are doing the kielder 2 day rally next weekend, so i will be out on the WR2 ,
Any vids of the HUMM , you can show the boys and girls on here,

good luck with D2D
Jeff
Back to top Go down
thumpjump

PostSubject: Dawn to Dusk   Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:03 am

Hey V-Tec,

Yes, anything but second. Not sure how we placed yet, but I'm confident it wasn't second. FYI to all others, the last 3 races my teammate and I have been in we came in 2nd place. Starting to piss us off. I'll try to get some HUMM video up soon.

This is how I spent last weekend!

Dawn to Dusk 12 hour (Actually 13 hour) Enduro in Wales, U.K. WRR performed flawlessly. The other bike is my teammates KTM 400EXC. Go Team Allied Farce!!

Pre-Race Photo

Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro DSC0282-L

After Lap 1 of 6

Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro DSC0298-L

Quote :

You and paul will make a good team, this event is one you will enjoy, But come anywhere but 2nd, you know what i meen by that,
martin and i are doing the kielder 2 day rally next weekend, so i will be out on the WR2 ,
Any vids of the HUMM , you can show the boys and girls on here,

good luck with D2D
Jeff
Back to top Go down
v-tec

PostSubject: Re: Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro   Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi jim,
That black coal dust/mud is just how i remember the D2D , i still cant wash it out of one of my race shirts,
Did you both enjoy the event , i hope so,
Martin and i did the keilder 2 day rally, the fire roads were flat out in places, and the woods were well boggy,
I did have a very hard off , on the 1st day, over the bars and slambed into some rocks, i was in pain but carried on for the rest of the day (like you do)
I decided to ride again the next day , but after the event i new i had hurt my self more than i let on ,
So after going back to work for 3 days the pain was not letting off,
That thursday evening i went to A&E and after they did an X Ray on my back, and told me that i would have To stay in and have a CT scan .
It turns out that i have broken my L1 vertebrae , So i am now wearing a very trick looking upper body brace for 12 weeks, have not been to work for 5 weeks and not sure when i can go back. its a waiting game that feels VERY slow, but i am looking on the bright side, as i was lucky it was'nt my neck,
Anyway what i can tell you all is that little WR2 performed faultlessly all week-end and out gunned much more powerfull bikes,
So the bike is still on the trailer in my garage waiting for me to recover, then i can give her the clean up ,

cheers Jeff
Back to top Go down
thumpjump

PostSubject: Re: Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro   Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Jeff,

Sorry about your back, that really sucks. Rest up and get well soon!

Paul and I remembered your story about the coal dust and decided to get our bikes "jet washed" by a vendor at the race. Only charged 4 quid and was well worth it. However, I'm still finding bits and pieces of the stuff after 2 more washes.

We ended up placing 20th in our class, which was about 40 teams in total and 76th overall in the 12 hour race. Not bad for our first real enduro and with the level of talent at this race. I think the extra weight of the machine (and rider) actually helped with traction on the extreme rocky uphill sections. Lighter 2 strokes were constantly getting stuck and spinning the rubber off the rear tire on those rocks. I was able to just cruise up in second gear most the time.

I must say, the WRR is one tough machine. I didn't have a single problem, except for a difficult time getting it to start one time after a tip over on a muddy uphill section. I just cannot believe the level of abuse this thing can withstand.

Here's an action shot from the race:

Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro ZF-6989-02467-1-001-XL
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro   Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:00 pm

looks/sounds awesome. congrats!

I completely agree with you on the rocky uphills. I recently bought a KX250F from my buddy and I would rather have that on the trail then my WR but I told him my WR feels way better planted on uphill rocky sections than the lighter KX.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro   Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro Empty

Back to top Go down

Dawn to Dusk 12 Hour Enduro
Page 1 of 1