Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

De-lurking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sturgeon

sturgeon

De-lurking Empty
PostSubject: De-lurking   De-lurking EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Been a lurker here for a while, but since I brought home a 2011 WR250R on Friday, I figured I'd better make at least one post Shog

Busy adding a few farkles; OEM rear disc guard and rack, Flatland skid plate and rad guard, Yamalink. Also raised the forks 12 mm. I'm inseam-challenged, rode it home 75 km with both feet dangling, as it were. Now it feels better!

So far, so good. Only the rack left to install, but it's bloody hot here (still over 30C), so maybe that can wait 'til tomorrow morning. Only hitch so far was getting the lower bolt back on for the side panel. Not enough clearance in the cut-out in the rad guard. I Dremeled some off the opening, but I ended up cutting a slot in the side panel hole, so I can just slip it on after the bolt is partly in place. Got tired of Dremeling baldy Which reminds me, should check the chain tension after putting the Yamalink on.

As soon as the budget can afford it, I'll add some handguards, a couple of Powerlet outlets, GPS mount, power distrib., maybe some Pivot Pegz. I've got those on my F800GS and love 'em.

Anyhow, thanks for the wealth of info here, it's much appreciated. cheers
Back to top Go down
wrik

De-lurking Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-lurking   De-lurking EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Hey Sturgeon, love your handle!! Where abouts in the great white north are ya? I'm from the bustling metropolis of Yarrow! And share a few hours a day with accipencer transmontanous thumb
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

De-lurking Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-lurking   De-lurking EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:40 am

I'm in Ontario, born and raised in NW Ont, currently 'living' in S Ont.

Sturgeon was my grandpa's first name.
Back to top Go down
Elessar

Elessar

De-lurking Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-lurking   De-lurking EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Ohh, you really are from da great white nort. Excellent! Good riding up thar too! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

De-lurking Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-lurking   De-lurking Empty

Back to top Go down

De-lurking
Page 1 of 1