Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Electronic malfunction?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nelonen

Electronic malfunction? Empty
PostSubject: Electronic malfunction?   Electronic malfunction? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:32 pm

"Finally", something to complain about on my WRX...

Started the bike up, let it idle for a few seconds and pulled off; after a few seconds I noticed that the Check Engine light was flasing in the same frequency as the RPM's I was using. I stopped the bike and turned it off. When I tried to turn on the power, nothing would happen at the turn of the key. After I pushed the bike home and tried the key again, the electronics were all working but when I tried to start up the bike, all the electronics died out. Tried this a few more times, and whenever the power came back on, it would die again once I tried to start up the bike. Took out the battery and hooked it up to a charger, which said that there was plenty of power left. Any ideas on what it could be?

Also: For some time before this, the electric starter has seemed a bit sluggish sometimes whenever I used it. I'd just thought that it was the battery running out, but as I checked it now, the battery still seemed to be good enough to not show such symptoms of dying out.
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Electronic malfunction?   Electronic malfunction? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Sounds like it could be a bad ground somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: Electronic malfunction?   Electronic malfunction? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:08 am

if your starter seemed sluggish before, it may be seized now..
charge the battery and then try to bump start the bike. if all runs good, the starter may be at fault, drawing too much for the bike to run anything while cranking (ie, ignition, injectors, etc..)
if you still have problems with charged battery on bump start, suspect charging system (magneto, voltage regulator, and GROUNDING)
Back to top Go down
Nelonen

PostSubject: Re: Electronic malfunction?   Electronic malfunction? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Forgot to reply, but it seems that I had a bad grounding on the battery. Thanks for all the ideas anyways! Greatly appreciated.

I removed the battery and stuck it on the charger, gave it a few minutes to charge (The indicator showed that it was almost full) then stuck it back in, no problems with the electronics after that. Glad that the symptoms went away, as I wouldve began prying apart all the electronics if they hadn't Very happy

Unfortunately a couple of days ago a KTM squashed me from a jump on a supermoto track and now the bike is in no driving condition once again baldy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electronic malfunction?   Electronic malfunction? Empty

Back to top Go down

Electronic malfunction?
Page 1 of 1