Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

broken mirror mount...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mucker

mucker

broken mirror mount... Empty
PostSubject: broken mirror mount...   broken mirror mount... EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:48 pm

I broke the clutch side, mirror mount right off. It is only 1/2 of the clamp that is affected. The clutch is still clamped on.
Does that mean I can get just get that half of the clamp. Or do I need the whole clutch mount assembly?
Any help or part numbers would be great...
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: broken mirror mount...   broken mirror mount... EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:23 am

I've done the same thing. You can just replace the "half of the clamp ". I purchased mine from the dealer for cheap, like $8 or something. It's been a while since I replaced it, so I don't remember the exact price or part number.

I'm sure there is a web site out there that you can look up OEM part numbers...
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: broken mirror mount...   broken mirror mount... EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:21 am

Sounds like a perfect excuse to rid yourself of those Mickey Mouse ear mirrors that Yamaha provides and go after-market.

thumb

How did you break such a thing?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: broken mirror mount...   broken mirror mount... EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:17 am

Tipped over in the woods...just the right angle and pop. Plus I had those nuts cranked pretty tight.
Gotta get into the habit of taken them off I guess...or get a set with training wheels on 'em.
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

PostSubject: Re: broken mirror mount...   broken mirror mount... EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:37 pm

motokid wrote:
Sounds like a perfect excuse to rid yourself of those Mickey Mouse ear mirrors that Yamaha provides and go after-market.

thumb

Agree 101%.

I figured why wait to break off a mirror with my klutzy riding. I also wanted something that let me see something other than my shoulder.

So I went with a set of double take mirrors on RAM ball mounts. Function before form:

http://www.doubletakemirror.com/build/yamaha

Those big lollipops are my best functional farkle yet. For a hundred bucks I got mirrors I can swing out to actually use and once I get off road I can swing them in and 'voila, no more mirrors to break off.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: broken mirror mount...   broken mirror mount... Empty

Back to top Go down

broken mirror mount...
Page 1 of 1