Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

removing helmet holder

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigg

bigg

removing  helmet holder Empty
PostSubject: removing helmet holder   removing  helmet holder EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:28 pm

so here we go. probably the dumbest question ever asked on this thread.

I need to remove the rear helmet holder but it has that special screw with the star shape (sorry don't know the name in english)

does anybody know what size I need to buy for it to fit? Don't have the correct screw driver and don't want to buy a whole pack so would like just the correct size.

if anybody can help it would be great thumb

thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete

PostSubject: Re: removing helmet holder   removing  helmet holder EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:39 am

Just checked and it's a T30 Torx

Not sure about anyone else, but mine was on there pretty damn tight, so I'd suggest either a T-handle style or a screwdriver, as those little 'L' shaped keys might be tough to get the torque on it you need to make it budge.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: removing helmet holder   removing  helmet holder EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:50 am

Yamaha gets pretty happy with the red loc-tite on bolts like that. Mine came off easy but def make sure you have the right size bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: removing helmet holder   removing  helmet holder Empty

Back to top Go down

removing helmet holder
Page 1 of 1