Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
btb91

btb91

Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X? Empty
PostSubject: Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X?   Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X? EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:00 pm

I do a lot of off road on my X with dirt tires, my question is, can I put a muffler cover, like those on the Fs or YZs, fit the X frame? This is In case (or I mean WHEN) I dump it on the muffler side, I don't want to wreck my nice Yoshimura muffler...anyone ever done this mod?
Thanks
Ed
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X?   Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X? EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:08 pm

You mean the side cover or side panel, AKA number plate?
It would require a fair bit of modification - it certainly won't bolt on, not by a long shot.

It would probably be better to do as seen in a recent video posted on these forums, where a guy either grafted the rear portion of some other side panel onto the WR-250R or X side panel, or it came from some unknown source.

Video in this link:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t5053-wr250x-sideboard#49757
Back to top Go down
btb91

btb91

PostSubject: Re: Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X?   Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X? EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:02 pm

Yeah, I guess I meant the side panel! Seems that it would be a good idea to have one...

Thanks I'll check out that mod, maybe pickup an extra just for that purpose...
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X?   Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X? EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:05 pm

If guys can make custom under-tail exhausts with twin red anodized canisters - somebody can retro-fit a YZ side panel/number plate.

Feel free to post pictures of your work.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X?   Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will the plastic muffler cover for a WR250F fit an X?
Page 1 of 1