Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rim lock on x wheels.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jtmajors

Rim lock on x wheels.   Empty
PostSubject: Rim lock on x wheels.    Rim lock on x wheels.   EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:02 pm

I was thinking about adding a rim loc to my x wheels so when I go offroading I don't have to worry about wheel slippage. Riding nasty single track in colorado so thinking I should do this. Questions I have are:

1. What size do I need? 1.40/1.60, 1.85 or 2.15?
2. What kind? Motion pro liteloc that weighs 35 grams.? Would this one be easier to balance? Or a regular aluminum loc that is heavier?

Back to top Go down
jtmajors

PostSubject: Re: Rim lock on x wheels.    Rim lock on x wheels.   EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:08 am

Anybody done this. Adv rider says I need a 3 in and 4 in rimloc to do it. Where do I find one to fit?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Rim lock on x wheels.    Rim lock on x wheels.   EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:37 am

Good luck finding a king-sized rim lock for 3-inch and 4-inch wheels.
The widest ones I've seen (even on the Motion Pro website) is for a 2.5-inch rim, which is for common dirt bike rims.
Never seen or heard of a bigger one, myself, but if you locate one (even a pic), I'd like to see what one looks like. :)

My opinion is that if you are spinning the tire on your WR-250X, something is not correct with the way the tire is seated or mounted to the rim in the first place, or the tire pressure way too low.
You didn't use oil, grease, or something like that to mount the tire, did you?
Back to top Go down
Jaynorcalx

PostSubject: Re: Rim lock on x wheels.    Rim lock on x wheels.   EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:28 pm

hahah bump... seems to me that you nailed it right on the head lmao
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: Rim lock on x wheels.    Rim lock on x wheels.   EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:28 pm

As YZETc said, I dont think you will find a rim lock wide enough. I ended up purchasing a second set of wheels, a 21" front and a 17" rear wheel with a 2.5" rim and got a motionpro litelocs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rim lock on x wheels.    Rim lock on x wheels.   Empty

Back to top Go down

Rim lock on x wheels.
Page 1 of 1