Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?

Go down 
+8
trav72
boyce418
00PowderSpecial
ssauer2004
X-Racer
YZEtc
motokid
motocrossmann
12 posters
AuthorMessage
motocrossmann

Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? Empty
PostSubject: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 pm

Wow, what a great little 250! This puppy is a ton of fun on the tight & windy mountain roads!!! The power is really pretty meaty for a 250.

So, how do you canyon carvers ride this sucker? At times I wanted to poke my leg out like you would on a motocross track, but when you really start to lean the X over, it almost starts to feel like some knee dragging could be the way to go... I'm not sayin I'm dragging knees on the X, but that body position starts to feel 'right'.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:38 pm

click me <--- do it now!!!!

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:41 pm

I like to ride it like a dirt bike as far as body positioning goes.
Feels natural to me. thumb
Back to top Go down
motocrossmann

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:43 pm

motokid wrote:
click me <--- do it now!!!!

Looks like a blast! Tx!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:36 am

I agree with YZEtc. ...but I come from a dirtbike background so I'd be more prone to slide to the top side of the seat and hang the leg out (Maybe more dirt track style than MX).

What is funny (weird) is I have no problem riding the sportbike, sportbike style.

I can only guess is that (at least in my case) the riding position (style) is relative to/predicated on the handlebar position.

One thing I know; Flat track style on the R1 simply won't work. * chuckle *

Whether the WRR or the KTM SuMo, I think I have a combo style. I do both.

Back to top Go down
ssauer2004

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:44 am

Coming from a Ducati 749 and an R1, I ride it like a sportbike during "spirited" cornering. More comfortable for me.
Back to top Go down
00PowderSpecial

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:38 pm

I ride it like a sportbike with the knees out...can tell from my knee pucks! I come from sportbikes though and have never owned a MX bike.
Back to top Go down
boyce418

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:50 pm

I have been riding MX for years, and this is my first dual sport.....At first i was riding it MX style (putting my leg out on coners). Then one day my friend was following me, and told me to try riding more sport/cafe style. I was scared at first, but i got a lot faster really quick! It was hard to have the confidence to lean it over! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Just lean it over and stick your foot out. Very happy

Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? Travis11
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:22 pm

From what I've seen on the track, the fastest guys are the ones sticking out a foot. They seem to be able to transition from one corner to the next more quickly than the knee out people, and therefore don't lose as much speed.

The only "right answer" to this question is to do what makes you feel most comfortable/confident!
Back to top Go down
boyce418

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Just finished a ride, and I realized that I feel better sticking my leg out in really tight corners......but if I am railing a turn at 75, I like to keep my feet on the pegs (I was trying to stick out my leg at high speeds and it felt very unstable).....l
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:52 am

never one to miss an opportunity to pic whore.

depends on the corner. for the "tighter" stuff, i like foot out

Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? E15fd6d2

for the fast sweepers i like knee down

Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? 3dd213f3
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:26 pm

I'm originally a dirt bike rider and default to that method, works well on this bike. wink I am starting to experiment more and more with the superbike way of riding. Now watch me, one of these days I'm going to be on my dirt bike and low side it leaning over after I turn that in to a habbit lol.
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:06 am

All my experience is with roadracing but I took the time to learn the MX foot out style and now I prefer that, except in really fast sweepers. The bike is essentially a dirtbike so it makes sense to ride it like one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?   Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ride it like a dirt bike or a superbike?!?
Page 1 of 1