Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Shift-I

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
twinturba

twinturba

Shift-I Empty
PostSubject: Shift-I   Shift-I EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:01 am

Just got a Shift-I RPM indicator LED unit that I plan to install on my WRX to have some sort of a tach to compliment the stock display. Has anyone else installed one of these yet? Anyone have a wiring diagram for our bikes or know which wire would be the RPM lead?

Shift-I Photo-713499
Back to top Go down
Striper19

Striper19

Shift-I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift-I   Shift-I EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:28 pm

that looks like cool little unit. id like to see you figure this out with a tutorial and pist where u got it. might add it to my x if it goes well for you.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

Shift-I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift-I   Shift-I EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:44 pm

I like this as well! More info and links please!

Oh, and pics when you're done!

Edit to add: Yikes! Pricey! Cool features though.
http://www.ecliptech-us.com/
Back to top Go down
millert85

Shift-I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift-I   Shift-I EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:04 am

http://colsmotorcycles.com.au/bikeinfo/wr250r%20wiring.PDF

try that link. first time i've uploaded stuff to the new web host. that should be the cal spec wiring diagram. it should work if you connect your signal wire to the orange wire from the coil.
Back to top Go down
twinturba

twinturba

Shift-I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift-I   Shift-I EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 am

millert85 wrote:
http://colsmotorcycles.com.au/bikeinfo/wr250r%20wiring.PDF

try that link. first time i've uploaded stuff to the new web host. that should be the cal spec wiring diagram. it should work if you connect your signal wire to the orange wire from the coil.

Wow, that is awesome mate! thumb
Aussie help with the Aussome Shift - I Very happy

Stay tuned for install pics and review coming soon
Back to top Go down
twinturba

twinturba

Shift-I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift-I   Shift-I EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:44 am

So I finally got all the information needed for the install and also my IMS 3 gallon tank so it was a perfect chance to get two mods done at the same time.

First order of business after removing the tank and bodywork was to unbolt the front headlight housing and locate ignition power and ground wire for the shift light. In this picture I have unplugged and peeled back the cover on the wire harness revealing the brown (ignition power) and black with white stripe (ground).
Shift-I Photo%252520%2525286%252529

I connected the wires from the shift-i to the wires using the supplied wire taps
Shift-I Photo%252520%2525282%252529

A little tape over them and later some wire sheathing, plug back in and there is only one wire left to connect which is the tach lead wire. For this I will need to locate the orange wire running to the coil.

Shift-I Photo%252520%2525285%252529

After locating the wire I unplugged it from the coil to give me some slack enabling me to work on the wire next to the coolant tank.
Shift-I Photo%252520%2525289%252529

Used the supplied wire splice again for this on after running the wire from the shift-i down along the left side of the frame with the rest of the harness utilizing the stock wire clips down to the location next to the coolant tank.
Shift-I Photo%252520%25252810%252529

With all the wires connected it was time to test, turned on the key (with the kill switch off) and what do ya know!

Shift-I Photo%252520%25252811%252529

Used the supplied double sided sticky foam to mount it on the stock display and buttoned everything up, ready to roll!
Shift-I Photo%252520%2525281%252529

After the install came an hour or so programming the light. I set the first light on at 4k and the last light on at 9.5k. It works great and I used my gopro to shoot a video which I will post when I get a little time! Overall the install is pretty easy and straightforward thanks to the simple 3 wire connection, everything being supplied, very detailed instruction (has two books!), Aussie support (as can be seen in the above post), and at $165 it seems to be a good value to me at least.
Back to top Go down
millert85

Shift-I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift-I   Shift-I EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:28 am

glad i could help.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

Shift-I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift-I   Shift-I EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Very cool! Install looks pretty basic. I still want one, but I imagine it'll be some time before I can manage it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shift-I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift-I   Shift-I Empty

Back to top Go down

Shift-I
Page 1 of 1