Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Weird Obnoxious Noise

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JMBueller

Weird Obnoxious Noise Empty
PostSubject: Weird Obnoxious Noise   Weird Obnoxious Noise EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:49 pm

I've got a 2010 WR250R with about 1000 miles on it that has developed a strange intermittent noise. It's kind of a quacking buzz noise analagous to a piece of trim buzzing on a car. It's intermittent and seems to happen mostly when the bike is not fully warmed up and decelerating through some rpm range, typically in a low gear at parking lot speeds It only lasts for a second or so, but is decidedly uncool sounding. Of course it will not do it in front of a mechanic! At first I thought it was a buzz coming from the aluminum bash plate, but all the fasteners are snug and Locktited.

Anybody experience anything similar? Should I ignore it?
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Weird Obnoxious Noise   Weird Obnoxious Noise EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Try removing your bash plate first.
They can be the source of alot of noise. Took foam and duct sealer to quiet mine done reasonably
My buddies 2010 with a ricochet plate was similar.
...ya never know.

Last edited by mucker on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Weird Obnoxious Noise   Weird Obnoxious Noise EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Try it with the skid plate removed.
Back to top Go down
JMBueller

PostSubject: Re: Weird Obnoxious Noise   Weird Obnoxious Noise EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Thanks guys! Come to think of it, the noise did start about the time I put the bash plate on.
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

PostSubject: Re: Weird Obnoxious Noise   Weird Obnoxious Noise EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:49 pm

JMBueller wrote:
I've got a 2010 WR250R with about 1000 miles on it that has developed a strange intermittent noise. It's kind of a quacking buzz noise analagous to a piece of trim buzzing on a car. It's intermittent and seems to happen mostly when the bike is not fully warmed up and decelerating through some rpm range, typically in a low gear at parking lot speeds It only lasts for a second or so, but is decidedly uncool sounding. Of course it will not do it in front of a mechanic! At first I thought it was a buzz coming from the aluminum bash plate, but all the fasteners are snug and Locktited.

Anybody experience anything similar? Should I ignore it?

I put a B&B offroad bashplate on my '10 and hooboy it acts like a big concave dish gathering up all the engine noise and sound that used to be reflected down at the road and bouncing it all back up towards me.

Love the bashplate but it magnifies all of the sounds of the engine and drivetrain.

Definitely created the need for earplugs at highway speeds caue with my 13:48's it's screaming over 55-60.
Back to top Go down
jimmy2020

PostSubject: weird noise   Weird Obnoxious Noise EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:07 pm

I saw this and decided to remove my skid plate. Nice recommendation, now all I hear is the sweet exhaust tone of my Yosh pipe. I put my skid plate back on but I lined the inner side with some thin tough packing foam. Much better...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird Obnoxious Noise   Weird Obnoxious Noise Empty

Back to top Go down

Weird Obnoxious Noise
Page 1 of 1