Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Slightly bent rear brake rotor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RattTongue

Slightly bent rear brake rotor Empty
PostSubject: Slightly bent rear brake rotor   Slightly bent rear brake rotor EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:15 pm

After trail riding this weekend I was riding on the street and noticed that my rear brake lever was pulsing slightly when I applied a small amount of pressure. I hadn't realized it over the weekend while wearing boots.

When I put it up on the stand and spun the wheel I can see the rear brake caliper move slightly and feel a little extra resistance on the same spot on the rotor. Sure enough, in that spot on the rotor the top looks slightly scratched like I hit a rock or something. Caliper doesn't appear to have any signs of "trauma". Looks to be a bent rotor.

Couple of questions:

1. If I ride it in this state while I wait for a new rotor to ship is it going to damage my caliper? If its just excessive wear on the brake pads I am not to worried about that, just don't want to do any permanent damage.

2. Anyone know of any good places to get an inexpensive replacement rotor? OEM is fine.

3. Google searches for inexpensive replacements return a lot of results for wr250F, but nothing for wrr. Are these interchangeable? I found replacements for wrr but they are $100+, wrf is considerably cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Bikeman

PostSubject: Re: Slightly bent rear brake rotor   Slightly bent rear brake rotor EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:46 pm

If it's just slightly bent, you should be able to staighten it our with some adjustable wrenches (i.e. crescent wrenches). Adjust to width of rotor and then apply slight pressure to straighten. If needed you can have someone help you and use three wrenches. Two on either side of bent area and one in the middle of the two to straighten the bend.
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Slightly bent rear brake rotor   Slightly bent rear brake rotor EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Quote :
I found replacements for wrr but they are $100+
Service Honda has them for $60. Slightly bent rear brake rotor 61865
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Slightly bent rear brake rotor   Slightly bent rear brake rotor EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:15 am

Yamaha Sports Plaza

3D7-2582W-01-00 (The previous part this replaces is 3D7-2582W-00-00 DISK, REAR BRAKE 2) $61.29
Back to top Go down
RattTongue

PostSubject: Re: Slightly bent rear brake rotor   Slightly bent rear brake rotor EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:29 am

Thanks for the part number and the vendor. Ordered a new rotor from servicehonda.com (along with a disc guard). I will probably still try and straighten the old one and keep it around as a temporary spare in the event I destroy the new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slightly bent rear brake rotor   Slightly bent rear brake rotor Empty

Back to top Go down

Slightly bent rear brake rotor
Page 1 of 1