Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lithium Ion Battery

Go down 
+15
AZNoob
outlaw230
Mikechicago
bhmax
rinconrider
f3joel
BBRadar
Berwyn Henderson
FG250WRR
gatorfan
donutbiker
mtb
SheWolf
PQRS...
Chadx
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chadx

Lithium Ion Battery Empty
PostSubject: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyFri May 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Anyone considered/investigate one of these for the R² or any other bike/ATV?

http://www.super-b.com/superb/Home.html

Lithium Ion Battery 985557_SuperB_web
Back to top Go down
PQRS...

PQRS...

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptySun May 31, 2009 12:17 pm

its expensive, but im a believer in the tech.... ill end up with one of those batts at some point. thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptySun May 31, 2009 12:53 pm

Ditto that. Lighter is always good. thumb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:55 am

A cheaper version

Lithium Ion Battery Moto_bat

Found HERE

Anyone wanna give it a try and review it? wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 11:23 am

Gah we need stuff we can get in NA... poser2

NVM... baldy I obviously need another coffee. Brain up ass still.

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 11:31 am

mtb wrote:
A cheaper version
Anyone wanna give it a try and review it?

Tempting, but I guess I'll wait until the current one goes dead. Although, mMaybe for my wife's bike (BMW F650CS) which will likely need a new batter this year. It's 6 years old. Consistant use of battery tenders seems to get 6 or 7 years out of all my motorcycle batteries.
Back to top Go down
donutbiker

PostSubject: shorai battery feedback?   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:26 pm

does anyone has any feedback regarding shorai LIP battery?

I am considering purchasing one for use with my wr250r as i want a battery with a slow discharge rate. Hooking up to a battery charger is a problem for me as I stay in a apartment block with no private parking for bikes.

Sick of the yusau battery draining so quickly.

THere has been some reported failures and issues with shorai batteries during 2011 on my internet search. However, it seems that shorai may have sorted this out eg. new designs on their batteries.

Thks for the kind attention.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:18 am

FWIW I find if you google a product with the word "problems" or "issues" you will always come up with something. For example, google Unicorn sightings and see what you get.
Back to top Go down
FG250WRR

FG250WRR

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:15 am

Chadx wrote:
Anyone considered/investigate one of these for the R² or any other bike/ATV?

http://www.super-b.com/superb/Home.html

Lithium Ion Battery 985557_SuperB_web

Installed one B2600 since 4 months, no prob, very light, paid in France for 170 euros,
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:26 pm

wings bannana I installed a SHORAI LFX14L2-BS12 in a friends wrr a year and he has no complaints. About 150 dollars, it weights about .8 pound. I plan to order the same one tommrow for my wrr as mine has lost its endurence. They seem well worth the cost to me!! Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:33 pm

CHADX, I put a SHORAI #LFXA6-BS12 in my f650gs twin, .It has never cranked faster Love it, Cost was about 210 dollars, Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:37 pm

CHADX, disregaurd that number for the BMW. The # is LFX21A6-BS12, SORRY, Berwyn
Back to top Go down
BBRadar

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:59 pm

So as I understand the Lithium Ion battery that equivalent to the stock WRR battery is much smaller (hence much lighter)?

Does it make sense getting a Lithium Ion the same size as the stock which would store a lot more - so then I could (more) safely recharge my radio/go-pro/camera back at camp with the bike turned off?
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:44 am

no, your stock battery would be better for that
these batteries don't like putting out without taking in
Back to top Go down
rinconrider

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:56 am

yep i run a shorai LFX14L2-BS12 in my wrr. taken it on road trips to death valley, etc.

have used it for about a year. no problems to speak of. i am in CA so i don't really worry about cold temps.

it's their 'big' battery and still super small.

wes
Back to top Go down
donutbiker

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:19 am

rinconrider,
is the electrical drain from the wrr clock function a concern on the shorai for the long run? shorai LIP batteries should not be allowed to drain below 12.8v correct?

Thks for the feedback from every1.
Back to top Go down
rinconrider

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:26 am

well, the drain from the clock eventually did my yuasa in. i don't know if it will take the shorai down but it's been fine so far. honestly i don't know about the voltage you indicate and drain, i would check the shorai website.

all i know is it works, cranks my bike fast, has not let me down so far, and is a lot smaller and lighter. sorry i can't be that much tech help on it.

wes

donutbiker wrote:
rinconrider,
is the electrical drain from the wrr clock function a concern on the shorai for the long run? shorai LIP batteries should not be allowed to drain below 12.8v correct?

Thks for the feedback from every1.
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:38 am

I've gone quite a while without starting mine with a A123 based 4 cell and haven't had an issue with discharge. I'll unplug it for longer stretches of cold weather if I'm not riding. Sounds like the A123 based batteries may be better, but I also have Shorai batts in two other bikes. No extended use yet though. One ended up being too small for my Buell and would cause issues. Shorai has since upped the recommended size.
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:46 pm

I've herd good about these MOTY Design and will probably get one for my next bike. (Hopefully a WR450)
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:22 am

Mikechicago wrote:
I've herd good about these MOTY Design and will probably get one for my next bike. (Hopefully a WR450)
I just hooked one of their 4 cell 2x2's up to the wr yesterday.

Back to top Go down
outlaw230

outlaw230

PostSubject: bat   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:23 am

Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:43 am

I had a ballistic
It wasn't made very well...
Might have just been the one I had

The positive terminal was loose in the plastic
When tightening the bolt it twisted the wire inside the battery till it was barely making any connection
I never realized until the battery stopped starting the bike, you could still push start it...
When I tried to take it out the terminal kept spinning with the bolt

Back to top Go down
AZNoob

AZNoob

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Berwyn Henderson wrote:
wings bannana I installed a SHORAI LFX14L2-BS12 in a friends wrr a year and he has no complaints. About 150 dollars, it weights about .8 pound. I plan to order the same one tommrow for my wrr as mine has lost its endurence. They seem well worth the cost to me!! Berwyn

Do you know if these type of batteries work with a regular battery tender/charger like a lead/acid type?
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 am

AZNoob wrote:

Do you know if these type of batteries work with a regular battery tender/charger like a lead/acid type?
Not sure if the Shorai's say the same in their literature, but my Antigravity battery specifies not to charge with a typical lead-acid type charger. My tender only gets used on the truck now.
Supposedly they don't self discharge to the extent that lead-acid batteries do. I'll find out when I get home and try to start the bike after 6 months.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 9:39 am

Shorai says you CAN use a BatteryTender brand one. You CANNOT use one with an auto-de sulfurication mode.

But as pbnut says, Shorai claims you really don't need a tender, since the batteries don't discharge much. They do sell their own Shorai charger.

http://www.batterystuff.com/kb/frequently-asked-questions/powersports-batteries-faq/can-i-use-a-battery-tender-on-my-shorai-battery.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lithium Ion Battery   Lithium Ion Battery Empty

Back to top Go down

Lithium Ion Battery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next