Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion...

Go down 
+2
radianguy
King Wolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
King Wolf

King Wolf

speedohealer - SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion... Empty
PostSubject: SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion...   speedohealer - SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:37 pm

What to know who all bought the SpeedoHealer and how they are liking it? If it is worth the $100.
Cause i found out that all WR250R speedometer are off 0-5 mph(and or 10% off)
And that the Odometer is on spec...With everything being stoke.
I also read that the SpeedoHealer fix's the speedometer to be on the dot...but will make the odometer off. Is this true?
What does the WR250R use to calculate the speed(speedometer) and miles(odometer)? RPMs?
Are there two different was they use to calculate? hints why if you make the mph right on the dot with speedohealer the odometer gets off.
And any other advise on Speedometer(MPH)/Odometer(Miles)/SpeedoHealer...would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
radianguy

radianguy

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion...   speedohealer - SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion... EmptySat May 30, 2009 7:08 pm

I have a speedohealer on the way, from what I gather it can fix the speedo to be exact like you say but the odometer will still be off, or you can set it back to stock specs. I have a 48 tooth rear sprocket so my speedo and odometer are off alot, speedo is off 25%, not sure how much the odometer is off, but it is off. I am going to set mine back to stock specs, I can live with the speed being off a bit, but I really want my odometer to be accurate.

I will let you know how it goes once it gets here and I have a chance to try it.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion...   speedohealer - SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion... EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:51 pm

I love it. A lot of people don't. I set my MPH accurate and my odometer off. I went 13/48 sprocket. It is hard for me to know how fast I am on a motorcycle. If I want to know I can use my Gps odo. I only care when I'm Off road. It is easy to use.

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion...   speedohealer - SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion... EmptySun May 31, 2009 12:04 am

So when you guys your odometers are off...how off are you talking about?
Like say you go 10 miles what is your odometer reading/showing?
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion...   speedohealer - SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion... EmptySun May 31, 2009 6:19 am

This is how much I think mine is off..

speedohealer - SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion... Sh4

Notice I did not adjust the wheel because I am still with the stock tyre

With 10,000KM mark coming soon, I guess I have 670KM more than the actual distance traveled
Back to top Go down
desertblue

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion...   speedohealer - SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion... EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:31 am

Just switched to a 47 rear sprocket. Bike now pulls great in all gears, with 6th gear being usable, but I know the speedo is off by at least 10mph and the odometer is reading at least 15% too high. I don't mind the speedo error, but the odometer error is unacceptable. Thinking now of going to a 14 tooth front which would cancel out 3 of the 4 teeth I just gained with the rear. Kind of a bummer, and realize that my odometer will still be off a little, but just not as much. What was Yamaha thinking with this kind of speedo/odo setup scratch ?
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion...   speedohealer - SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion... EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:04 pm

There are very few motorcycles from any brand that have accurate speedos. The going standard on Japanese machines since the late 80's has been around 8% high. Motorcyclist magazine used (and still might, but do not subscribe anymore) to publish those numbers for each bike tested. Best bet, buy a digital aftermarket bicycle speedo and calibrate it with the wheel measurement calcuation and / or a gps if you want accurate speeds. It will keep your odometer and tripmeter readings accurate, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion...   speedohealer - SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion... Empty

Back to top Go down

SpeedoHealer(Speedometer/Odometer) Discussion...
Page 1 of 1