Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fork rebuild

Go down 
AuthorMessage
josh

fork rebuild Empty
PostSubject: fork rebuild   fork rebuild EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:33 am

Decided to replace front forks oil and gaskets last week. I noticed there was no rebound in the front. Picked up gaskets and oil from dealership and had the assistance of my friend who is more knowledgeable than I and we had at it. Everything went well up to the seperation of the inner and outer tubes. Forgot to remove metal clip the holds gasket in place. Ran over to dealership with beer and tail between our legs. They seperated both forks in 5 minutes and graciously offered to secure interior gasket when ready (you need the correct tool on this one). Got it all put back together no problem. Rode 4 miles on highway and pulled into my driveway. Fork oil was everywhere. Unrideable at that point. brought forks to the dealership with my tail between my legs again with gratitude and asked them to rebuild. 3 hours later they call, forks are done. I go to pick up and service manager informs me his parts department sold me the wrong gaskets. baldy We trashed the bushings when seperating tubes and they had to be replaced. baldy baldy No charge on labor just charged on bushings and oil.
I think the parts guy is in deep shit. I really appreciate the service guys and there efforts.

MORAL OF THE STORY...........Check your parts before install. Human error can kill you. Glad there's a happy ending. freaky
Back to top Go down

fork rebuild
Page 1 of 1