Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
clintroberts

After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP Empty
PostSubject: After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP   After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:41 pm

I need some help. Since I live in Honduras (Island of Roatan) and we do not have motorcycle plates, I decided to take the entire mount off. I took out the light and then cut the plastic so I could pull the light through. I did not initially cut the wire. Anyway after I put the light bulb back in, it would start but when I put it into gear it would just cut off. So after fidgeting with the license plate light some more I decided to cut the wire. When I did I think the fuse blew because the speedometer went off (including it's backlight). Now it won't even start. Any ideas would be great as well as a picture of where the fuse box is and what fuse I need to fix. Does it make sense that the license plate light would keep the entire bike from be able to go into gear and finally start. Also since I am on an island it's difficult to get nayone to work on it. I think I am the only WR250X owner here. PLEASE HELP!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP   After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:09 pm

Go here <--- CLICKY

It's a downloadable service manual.

The information on fuses and a diagram of where they are on the bike are in section/page 8-67 and 8-68

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Topher0220

PostSubject: Re: After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP   After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:27 pm

Keep It Simple Stupid. That's the first step. Kiss for short,that's what we do at work. I work for a Honda motorcycle dealer, and the first thing to do is look at the wires you cut. Maybe a couple of them are touching and this would cause a fuse to pop. Look at what you have messed with and move on to the basics, then if this doesn't help move on to troubleshooting in service guide. Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP   After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:40 am

When you cut the wires did you just cut them and then leave the ends exposed, or did you cap the ends of cut wires off with something?

The main fuse is located by the battery.
Again - the service manual shows you that location.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
playwme

PostSubject: Re: After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP   After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:16 pm

With your initial problem of the bike cutting out when you put it in gear, is there a chance your kickstand was down at the time?

If you cut the wire with the ignition switched on then it would have probably blown your fuse. They should be near the battery.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP   After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:39 pm

the fuse for your lights is behind the left rad shroud. i poped mine messing with the tail lights once myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP   After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP Empty

Back to top Go down

After messing w/ license light-WR250X Euro won't start HELP
Page 1 of 1