Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Clutch/neutral switch issues after Lynx install

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
matttys

matttys

Clutch/neutral switch issues after Lynx install Empty
PostSubject: Clutch/neutral switch issues after Lynx install   Clutch/neutral switch issues after Lynx install EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm almost done with my rallye Lynx fairing install and I'm running into a snag:

Bike runs in neutral, but when I put it in gear the bike dies. Side stand switch has been cut and soldered together. If I ground either of the 2 wires that go into the clutch switch (one tricks the bike into thinking it is in neutral) I hear a relay click and the bike will start and run in gear.

Depressing the switch plunger (that mounts to the clutch behind the clutch cable) makes no difference to when the bike will run.

Where does that switch connect beyond the connector between the gas tank amd above the coolant tank? Is there anything I'm overlooking?

Any ideas would be great as I can then button it up and post a bunch of pictures of the completed bike thumb
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: Clutch/neutral switch issues after Lynx install   Clutch/neutral switch issues after Lynx install EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:27 pm

it's the sidestand switch that kills the bike when in gear.."faking" it into neutral confirms sidestand circuit..check that no wires have come loose during your last install, make sure your jumper/solder job is good (check with a meter) and it's re-connected..if it all checks out, suspect the relay unit (behind left back panel)
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Clutch/neutral switch issues after Lynx install   Clutch/neutral switch issues after Lynx install EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:56 am

Fuzzy Wrench wrote:
it's the sidestand switch that kills the bike when in gear.."faking" it into neutral confirms sidestand circuit..check that no wires have come loose during your last install, make sure your jumper/solder job is good (check with a meter) and it's re-connected..if it all checks out, suspect the relay unit (behind left back panel)

That was my first thought too. I actually jumped the the side stand circuit with the connector out and it didn't make any difference. I'll re-check tonight, but those wires are soldered together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch/neutral switch issues after Lynx install   Clutch/neutral switch issues after Lynx install Empty

Back to top Go down

Clutch/neutral switch issues after Lynx install
Page 1 of 1