Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Deestone Tires

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skidmarx

skidmarx

Deestone Tires Empty
PostSubject: Deestone Tires   Deestone Tires EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Anyone ever heard of them? Made in Thailand.
Local store didn't have a Trackmaster but they brought of one of these out.
Deestone Tires DeestoneD991
Deestone D991

For $10 less than the Trackmaster I figured I'd give it a try.
I says Not for highway use , but had DOT #s so it may actually be legal. Doesn't really matter to me because I run an S-12 in the front which is non DOT.
First thing I noticed is that it's much narrower than a Trackmaster of the same size(110/100-18).
I've only ridden about 30mi on the street and some hardpack dirt roads so far and it seems OK. A little greasy in the corners on pavement but I'd expect that out of any new knobby. Hooks up ok in the hardpack. I'll find out how it does in the trails and sand this weekend.
I've set my expectations pretty low since you usually get what you pay for, but We'll see.
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

Deestone Tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deestone Tires   Deestone Tires EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:49 pm

I think if i remember right they were really poor for enduro riding, grip on slippery rocks and roots and stuff like that but as a sand/ dirt tire it will last and work pretty good.

Back to top Go down
skidmarx

skidmarx

Deestone Tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deestone Tires   Deestone Tires EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Thanks,
We have LOTS of sand here in Michigan so it may work out.
I'll likely see a few roots and only small rocks, but not enough to get a tire designed for it.
Back to top Go down
skidmarx

skidmarx

Deestone Tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deestone Tires   Deestone Tires EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:35 am

It's been a few weeks and I've put a couple hundred miles on the tire. Nearly all of it in the dirt.
Location: Wolverine, MI. Ted's Chandler Hill Challenge (AMA National Dual sport event)
Conditions: Damp. Sand was wet enough to pack up.
Lots of loamy sand single track. Hero section had some big hills with roots and rocks.
No mud to speak of.
Tire pressure: 13 psi.

The tire did pretty well in general. It was giving me enough traction to make my worn out front S-12 push in the corners a bit.
Roots and rocks were no problem.
It wasn't as good in the sand as the trackmaster, but I think if the sizing wasn't off, It would be comparable. If I get another one, it will be a 120/100.
The wear was negligible.

I've always run a trackmaster so I don't really have much to compare it to and I'm not very picky so YMMV.

I'll run this one for til it's dead, or maybe stud it up for some ice riding Depends on if I can find my bag of leftover studs or not.
I think I will give the 120 a try though.

Conclusion: I wouldn't be afraid of this tire. It isn't junk. Not my first choice, but not a bad substitute for the money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deestone Tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deestone Tires   Deestone Tires Empty

Back to top Go down

Deestone Tires
Page 1 of 1