Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage

Go down 
+69
Crooked Creek
pfy50
conflict0102
b.ringrose
scott_pdx
bsheet2
johnnyadventurepants
aaronhall555
deerHater
e010584
Muddyrabbit
treybrad
trav72
mordicai
bDry
SoupSandwich
twday
Dancamp
cryptomundo
DougZ
Greenbean
oh2RideMore
mfrankpdx
Pancho
Bgunn
hughtwg
greer
GsVs
Crawdaddy
calico jack
bash3r
levity
antipode
asheville thumper
edteamslr
Jäger
Navajib
2Wheelz
smolvar
derm75
skierd
longtallsally
tjohnson
MeefZah
wahilde
0007onWR
shredak
BPG
1moreroad
Longview
jpkrass
lotsofwheels
Addicted
Don T
CopaMundial
badmotoscooter
Goggles Pisano
malibu_dan
spikehead
YamWOW!
Fargo_Wolf
Akoffroader
mwakey
f3joel
Louisbiker
SpiritWolf15
Krabill
SheWolf
Chadx
73 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
antipode

antipode

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 5:23 am

lotsofwheels wrote:
Here's a picture of my RR with a Cycleracks.com rack and Cortech bags. I like the rack because it is plenty stout and large. I almost feel like I could get rid of the 4Runner and carry sheets of plywood on the bike now.
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 Wr250r_bags

lotsofwheels, where are the mounting points for your rack? on the pegs?
Back to top Go down
longtallsally

longtallsally

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Heading to Death Valley this weekend for the first time on the WR. It's actually getting trucked down, but this will be my first time with the small bike and in the desert, it is best to come prepared.

I was able to make the tank panniers from the GS work on the little bike.

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 680899046_4UqBN-L

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 680899080_Uwopo-L
Back to top Go down
levity

levity

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:42 pm

LTS - YIKES, I'd be worried about the stability of that that fuel can!

Guess you can transfer gas out of it ASAP, but
Dirtbagz will carry enough fuel in cans to get ya most places in DVNP.
They also hold it lower and more securely and don't interfere with get-offs. [see avatar]

Good time to go as temps are getting nice in DV! Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 525406

Some rides loops that you can make on the WRR with minimal extra fuel are described here and here.

Last edited by levity on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
longtallsally

longtallsally

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:42 pm

I shook the holy horse snot out of it with nary a leak and there are 3 sets of Rok Straps holding it on, so I should be golden. Plus, it's just DV, so no big jumps or the like- plus I'm too old and broken to do that stuff anyway.

Primary reason for lamo/cheapo is that I'm literally FLAT broke from being unemployed for so long and I can't afford to get a rack or anything- the need for a front tire took care of that.

Also, we might be moving to Germany and if that is the case, we will only be taking 2 vehicles, the GS and a car for her as all others will be sold.
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 11:41 pm

haha.. just found my answer to my last post!

lost it over in the Monster thread.. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11117019&postcount=7776
Back to top Go down
calico jack

PostSubject: cycle rack on R²   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:38 am

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 Img_1913
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 Img_1915
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 Img_1916
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 Img_1917
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 Img_1914
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:50 am

bash3r wrote:
I went with a Pro Moto billet rack off ebay.. was cheaper and man he shipped it like minutes after I ordered. I think I'm going to like this design for my riding/cargo style...

Also got Wolfman Enduro saddlebags & duffle bag coming from Dual Sport Armory, I asked Lee if he'd do PayPal since they don't give that option on their website and he gladly sent me a PayPal request for payment and bam.. ordered it up..

I also use the Pro Moto rack and really like it. It's sturdy, looks good on the bike, and the Wolfman Peak Tail Bag fits it PERFECTLY! I think you will be happy with it.
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:07 pm

+1 for ProMoto Billet rack.. it super light, great size and installs very easy!! It will work great with my saddlebags and duffel..

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 4074360084_8f3104d2a0_b
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Emmerson Bigguns Sport Rack   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:46 pm

I bought the Emerson Bigguns Sport Rack and I really like the fit/finish (I personally like it better than his first rear racks which were a bit wider)....I haven't mounted it yet but I'll be following the same template laid down by OilFieldTrash over on ADVRider (page 522 of monster thread)......I pasted in his pic below.......great idea to permanently mount a plate/nuts directly underneath the rack that'll accept a Rotopax mount in less than 5 minutes (when desired).......the Wolfman Peak Tail bag fits over the top of a one gallon Rotopax can quite easily (it has a soft bottom so it doesn't mind the bulge from the Rotopax handle in the center) and it fastens to the Emerson Bigguns rack easily as well since the rack has those slots running down the sides to run the bag clips through it......I really like this rack.....stylish and a deal at $70 ......Thanks John Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 61865

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 OilFieldTrashRack
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: My Wolfman Enduro + ProMoto Rack Setup   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 11:52 pm

Here's my Wolfman Saddle/Dufflebags + ProMoto setup.. I think I'm really going to like this. I love how the Enduro bags seem like they were made for this bike. I notched the side plastics like HighFive did to fit under the seat. I also like using the Strap Rings on the 2up peg holes, seems I can get the straps tighter and without worry of them getting caught/melted up somewhere. I just remove the Ring bolts with the saddlebags when I take them off.

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 4093774843_cb392fbdbf_b

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 4094538044_a8573a1366_b

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 4094538082_b28d9f2f7a_b

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 4094538184_5d48aa6155_b

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 4094538146_0866f2769e_b

Looking at some dry dufflebags for the back too. The Wolfman dry bag looks amazing....
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:24 pm

calico jack wrote:
All the luggage looks great! Which model tank bag is that? does it shift any or are there any issues when fueling?
TIA

it's the Wolfman Enduro series, I highly recommend it, it unclips and slide it to the side & fuel up, top notch stuff!
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 pm

bash3r wrote:
calico jack wrote:
All the luggage looks great! Which model tank bag is that? does it shift any or are there any issues when fueling?
TIA

it's the Wolfman Enduro series, I highly recommend it, it unclips and slide it to the side & fuel up, top notch stuff!

The Enduro is designed to sit below the gas cap so you don't have to remove it to refuel. I don't need to remove or loosen mine.
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:43 pm

MeefZah wrote:
bash3r wrote:
calico jack wrote:
TIA

The Enduro is designed to sit below the gas cap so you don't have to remove it to refuel. I don't need to remove or loosen mine.

Yeah, I've seen some run it lower, but for me, its really in the way when its lower, I move all over the seat and when I need to get close in, its in the way, if its lower. Since moving it is not a big deal, i'll sacrifice moving it over being in my way on the saddle.
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: Dirt BagZ rack width   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:40 am

Quick question ....
for those who have the Dirt Bagz rack system on their WR ...

What is the outside-to-outside width of the Dirt Bagz rack (without the bags) at it widest point ??

Thanks Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 61865 - Larry
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:23 pm

17 inches.

Sarah

GsVs wrote:
Quick question ....
for those who have the Dirt Bagz rack system on their WR ...

What is the outside-to-outside width of the Dirt Bagz rack (without the bags) at it widest point ??

Thanks Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 61865 - Larry
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:01 am

hughtwg wrote:
Crawdaddy wrote:
I bought the Emerson Bigguns Sport Rack and I really like the fit/finish

Could you tell me where you got that rack?

Thanks,
Hugh
Send a PM to "Emerson.Biguns" on ADVRider - tell him you want the small rack not his first rear rack which was larger..........the side mounts he made are no longer in production.....
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:33 am

Back to top Go down
hughtwg

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:45 pm

greer wrote:
Hugh,

More info on the EB rack here:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/rear-rack-overview-t977.htm

Sarah

Well it seems the EB rack is no longer availble. Bummer!

So I'm thinking of either going with the Yamaha rack or the Pro Moto Billet rack.

I know the Yamaha rack will work fine with fine with the DirtBagz but are their any fitment issues with Pro Moto rack?

Also instead of using the DirtBagz I'm considering getting a Giant Loop bag. Anyone know of any issues using a Giant Loop back with either of these racks?

I'm preparing to do the TAT next summer so I will be putting a 2 gallon gas jug on the back of the bike also.

Thanks,
Hugh
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 3:24 pm

I just saw this today, if you have the time you might give it a few weeks:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525544

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:27 pm

Chadx wrote:
Any idea if that cross bar interferes with dirtbagz brackets? Left side looks like it won't be an issue. On the exhaust side, it looks like the bar crosses the area that the right dirtbags bracket spans. If they play nice together, this rack might be the solution I need for my rotopax 1 gallon gas can mounting plan.

Not sure if this got answered. Is the turbo city borrego rack and the dirt bagz compatible? I installed the TCI rack and was thinking about adding the dirt bagz.
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Pro Moto Billet Rack   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:10 am

I just posted up a review of the Pro Moto Billet tail rack today on wrrdualsport.com

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 PMB-Rack_2343

Needless to say, I'm in love with the rack Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 379944
Back to top Go down
Pancho

Pancho

PostSubject: Japanesse carrying a German   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:51 am

Working with the chopping board, I tested and liked the look of my R1200GS top case on my WRR, I will use it for every day riding and easy gravel roads, when roads gets ugly, I'll go for a custom made tail bag....

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 Img0071oy

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 Img0069jv
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Posted this over in the monster thread earlier today....

A friend of mine is a fabricator......showed him OilFieldTrash's set up and asked him to see what he could come up with to mimic the design......he delivered the rack back to me last night.....he CNC'd an aluminum block to fit inside the rack and used a couple of helicoils in the back to mount the Rotopax can with two allen bolts......pretty sweet set-up......took a couple pics with my phone this morning......I'll shoot a few more when I install it.....just need to decide what I'm going to do with the rear light/plate monstrosity.....I want to do a "Butt-tuck-ectomy" and rear rack install at the same time....

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 WR250Rrack

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 WR250RRack1

[quote=oilfieldtrash].......The Emerson Bigguns Sporty rack with my custom made rotopax mount mount (the black piece of plate immediately under the silver bigguns sporty rack) that's right, I call it a rotopax mount mount. What else would it be called? Edit: The rotopax mount mount is a little annoying. I will call it the black plate from now on.
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 CIMG2985

Side view of the Bigguns rack and the black plate. You can see that the rack is very low profile. You can also see that I welded nuts onto the bottom of the black plate that way I can mount the rotopax mount to the black plate w/ just four bolts from the top. Takes about 1 minute to mount the rotopax.

The black plate is just about a 1/8" thick piece of steel I had laying around at work and it mounts under the bigguns sporty rack using the same hardware used to mount the biguns sporty rack. It's not welded to the bigguns sporty rack.

You may not be able to see it but I had to drill 1/2" holes in the rear fender not only for the bigguns rack but also for the black plate. I had to drill the holes for the black plate b/c the nuts I welded to the black plate had to be recessed in the fender. I don't mind drilling the fender b/c the rack and the black plate are permanent. I should have cleaned up the holes drilled for the black plate a little better but it's only noticeable from this side view.
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 CIMG2989

The bigguns rack w/ the rotopax mount mounted onto the black plate. The little one is my 2 yr old boy William. He has a sister 7 months older than him. They are the reason that my garage is a pit. I used to keep it really nice. I wouldn't trade em though.
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 CIMG2993

The bigguns rack w/ the rotopax mount mounted onto the black plate w/ one 1 gallon rotopax attached.
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 CIMG2996[/quote]
Back to top Go down
mfrankpdx

mfrankpdx

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:32 pm

Just found this set up on happy-trail.com. I want!

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 WR035

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 WR036
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:02 pm

See some additional pictures in this thread

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/happy-trail-su-racks-t801.htm

mfrankpdx wrote:
Just found this set up on happy-trail.com. I want!

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 WR035

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 WR036
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next