Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

squeaky front brake?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bigg

bigg

squeaky front brake? Empty
PostSubject: squeaky front brake?   squeaky front brake? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:06 am

Bike still new, 4500 km

It started about 200 km ago that the front brake started to make squeaky noises. They don't happen regularly but about 90% of the time I brake with the front. Squeakiness doesn't occur when I push them to the limit. On the contrary, its there in the beginning during lighter braking and as I approach the stop for example and push down further squeakiness goes away. I haven't noticed and loss in grip/braking performance.

After 4500km i think the pads should still be pretty much brand new :hmmm:

could it be a dirty disc? Although I didn't get any oil/dirt on it. Disc looks clean as the rear brake... What could be the problem??

I'll try giving the front rotor a clean... what should I use? Just a clean cloth with water?
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: squeaky front brake?   squeaky front brake? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:13 am

Does the front brake disc still have the black rubber noise damper ring ? If so, you could try removing it.

For rotor cleaning I use some non-chlorinated brake cleaner and a rag.

Last edited by craigq on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: squeaky front brake?   squeaky front brake? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:14 am

craigq wrote:
Does the front brake disc still have the black rubber noise damper ring ? If so, you could try removing it.

yeah it's still got it. It never caused any squeaking before this point tho... :hmmm:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: squeaky front brake?   squeaky front brake? Empty

Back to top Go down

squeaky front brake?
Page 1 of 1