Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New guy here!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Biker Buzz

New guy here! Empty
PostSubject: New guy here!   New guy here! EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:11 am

I'm getting ready to buy my first dual sport. Although I'm new to dual sports I'm not a new rider. I have a dilemma..which bike should I get?

Reading reviews is no help as each author likes the particular bike they are reviewing! I've looked at the Husqvarna TE630...marked down $2,500.00 off msrp...a good deal. I Like the Suzuki DRZ400 too. I also like the WR250R. I will probably ride mostly off-road and think the WR would do just fine. However, I'm 6'4" and 240. Will the bike be able to handle me or do I need a 400 or 650?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
boyce418

New guy here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy here!   New guy here! EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:40 pm

i had a drz400 and it wasn't really any faster or powerful than my 250X......I am a smaller guy, but I wouldn't think twice about choosing the WR over the DRZ.....
I threw a set of knobbies on mine and love it (Kenda Big Block rear 18"/Pirelli Mt22 front)....
If you are worried about power go with the KTM 450 EXC.....street legal and I've seen a guy ride off the street onto a motocross track and jump everything no problem! But you will pay twice as much, and get worse gas mileage......Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Biker Buzz

New guy here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy here!   New guy here! EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanks for the tips. I'm leaning heavily towards the Husqvarna TE 630. They have knocked $2500.00 off MSRP for the remaing 2011's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New guy here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy here!   New guy here! Empty

Back to top Go down

New guy here!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WR250X Specific-
Jump to: