Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rider weight and the WR250R

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rdwells4

Rider weight and the WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Rider weight and the WR250R   Rider weight and the WR250R EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Hello all, I'm is the process of purchasing a dual sport, I have been looking for some time and I really like what I have read on the WR250R. My only concern is that I am a little too heavy for the bike, being 6-4, 275lbs. What do you guys think, am I too heavy for the WR? I really hope not, I used to have a KLX 250 years ago when I was is the Army, but that was years ago and 70 pounds ago and it could hual me around with no problems.
Back to top Go down
Pokey

Pokey

PostSubject: Re: Rider weight and the WR250R   Rider weight and the WR250R EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:41 pm

This bike runs like a 400 IMHO, you should be more than fine.
Back to top Go down
Elessar

Elessar

PostSubject: Re: Rider weight and the WR250R   Rider weight and the WR250R EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:09 am

I am sooo hooked on the WR and dreaming about having one some day. I am 6'3" and 220#s so this is very good news. Thanks for the advice. Sorry to hyjack your thread. I now return you to the OP question... thumb
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Rider weight and the WR250R   Rider weight and the WR250R EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:27 pm

I weigh in at about 275, hauls me fine. Have to short shift it and put put put around to keep pace with the cars. Let it stretch its legs even a little and I'm accelerating much faster than traffic. Run along full tilt, and nothing but sports cars are going to out accelerate me. But what can you expect, a lil cheapy V8 mustang runs in the 12s.... Even the V6 could break into the 13s with a couple bolt ons. Cars are gettin fast these days lol.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Rider weight and the WR250R   Rider weight and the WR250R EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:02 pm

My girl and I rode two-up (360 lbs naked - but we had clothes on for this ride wink) for 80 miles of tight twisty up/downhill, hard on the throttle, hard on the brakes (we were < read: I was> trying to keep up with a Corvette).

It was harder on me (downhill braking with the girl on my back) than the bike.

Me at 240 with full gear at 70 MPH on open, flat desert dirt roads, aside from being under-adjusted for my weight ( it's set-up for my girl's preference) it wasn't even breathing hard.

Is it going to challenge my Baja winning bike in a race ? No... ...but it'll probably be running long after that bike see's the scrap pile.

I've owned, ridden and raced a lot of bikes. More often than not, with four (street registered) to ride on a weekly basis, this is the "go to" bike in the garage.

P.S. The Corvette wasn't trying to lose me, but he was having his fun too. Probably had a hard time thinking two-up on a dirt bike were STILL behind him.

Back to top Go down
Elessar

Elessar

PostSubject: Re: Rider weight and the WR250R   Rider weight and the WR250R EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:58 am

X-Racer wrote:
My girl and I rode two-up (360 lbs naked - but we had clothes on for this ride wink) for 80 miles of tight twisty up/downhill, hard on the throttle, hard on the brakes (we were < read: I was> trying to keep up with a Corvette).

It was harder on me (downhill braking with the girl on my back) than the bike.

Me at 240 with full gear at 70 MPH on open, flat desert dirt roads, aside from being under-adjusted for my weight ( it's set-up for my girl's preference) it wasn't even breathing hard.

Is it going to challenge my Baja winning bike in a race ? No... ...but it'll probably be running long after that bike see's the scrap pile.

I've owned, ridden and raced a lot of bikes. More often than not, with four (street registered) to ride on a weekly basis, this is the "go to" bike in the garage.

P.S. The Corvette wasn't trying to lose me, but he was having his fun too. Probably had a hard time thinking two-up on a dirt bike were STILL behind him.

Ohhhh, all this talkin' 'bout being naked and breathin' hard...stop it! poser2

And it seems that this is a wonderful bike. I'm sooo looking forward to getting one some day! freaky
Back to top Go down
rdwells4

PostSubject: Re: Rider weight and the WR250R   Rider weight and the WR250R EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks alot guys, I feel alot more confident about my future purchase now. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rider weight and the WR250R   Rider weight and the WR250R Empty

Back to top Go down

Rider weight and the WR250R
Page 1 of 1