Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Olathe Colorado The Adobes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PanamaVail

PanamaVail

Olathe Colorado The Adobes Empty
PostSubject: Olathe Colorado The Adobes   Olathe Colorado The Adobes EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:34 am

Olathe Colorado the Adobes. The motorcycle riders really but together an amazing trail network here, with steep hill climbs, high marking and lots of long trail rides. A while back The Government was trying to shut down some of these trails , the locals cleavely named a main trail after Ben Nighthorse Campbell a Colorado's U.S. Senator and fought hard for these trails to stay open. They have unloading ramps, bathrooms and camping, all free. I was the only one camping here and just a few people showed up with their bikes. A snow storm came in and messed up the riding so I left early so I could go down and ski Wolf Creek which opens today October 8th earliest ever opening and the first ski area to open.

[img]http://i41.servimg.c[url=https://servimg.com/view/16714289/58]Olathe Colorado The Adobes Imag0045om/u/f41/16/71/42/89/imag0044.jpg[/img][/url]

8 miles deeper into the backroads and trails is the shortest entrance to a foot trail only leading into the Black Canyon where the Gunison river flows. In the late 70's some locals use to ride motorbikes down this trail, back when the West was wild.
Olathe Colorado The Adobes Imag0046
Olathe Colorado The Adobes Imag0047

The steep climbs
Olathe Colorado The Adobes Imag0048
Olathe Colorado The Adobes Imag0050
High Marking
Olathe Colorado The Adobes Imag0051
There is a Yamaha dealer in Delta that has all the information on the rides in the areas. Uncompahgre is another great place to ride in the area.
Back to top Go down

Olathe Colorado The Adobes
Page 1 of 1