Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from Poland

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jacekrsx

jacekrsx

Hello from Poland Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Poland   Hello from Poland EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:59 am

Hello to everyone from Poland.
I'm new to motorcycles, I have been riding all my live on quads and now I would like to try something new :)

So, for the past few weeks/months I have been looking/researching everyhting about WR250X and I think I made my mind, this is what I want to get! :)

I'm thinking about buying this bike sometime soon, but here is my question, winter is coming, is it better to wait and buy something in the Spring, look for better deal/price or just get it now?
If I get it now, I won't be able to ride anytime soon :(

One more question, is it hard to learn to ride on this bike after riding ATV with manual transmission?

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, and hopefully I be able to post some photos of it here :)

Back to top Go down
bmwrider1946

Hello from Poland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Poland   Hello from Poland EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:28 pm

My experience has been you can buy cheaper in the late fall rather than waiting until spring. Potential sellers are more anxious to get rid of bikes etc since they can't use them over the winter. Bad news is you have to look at the bike sitting in the storage area and not be able to use it unless you are one of those hearty souls that enjoys winter riding.

Welcome to the board.
Back to top Go down
bruno

bruno

Hello from Poland Empty
PostSubject: Fun   Hello from Poland EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Is it hard to learn to ride this bike?

I found that driving an ATV (or Skido) was a lot of fun, but a bit like having sex with all your clothes on, ........ lacking something!
Riding the WRR/X, :-) ..........now you’ve ripped off all the clothes, and it’s up close and personal. However, there is a learning curve, and in my case it took a month to go from a feeling of absolute terror to, .. to, .. one long orgasm!
Simon Pavey taught me the secret, use the clutch to control the power, not just the throttle.
I bought my bike from a quad rider who put only 127 km on it before exchanging it back for another quad. Persevere through the first few days, and you will never look back.
Back to top Go down
jacekrsx

jacekrsx

Hello from Poland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Poland   Hello from Poland EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:13 pm

bruno wrote:
Is it hard to learn to ride this bike?

I found that driving an ATV (or Skido) was a lot of fun, but a bit like having sex with all your clothes on, ........ lacking something!
Riding the WRR/X, :-) ..........now you’ve ripped off all the clothes, and it’s up close and personal. However, there is a learning curve, and in my case it took a month to go from a feeling of absolute terror to, .. to, .. one long orgasm!
Simon Pavey taught me the secret, use the clutch to control the power, not just the throttle.
I bought my bike from a quad rider who put only 127 km on it before exchanging it back for another quad. Persevere through the first few days, and you will never look back.

That's a first time I heard such a comparision lol
I will keep that in mind :)
Back to top Go down
jacekrsx

jacekrsx

Hello from Poland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Poland   Hello from Poland EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:15 pm

bmwrider1946 wrote:
My experience has been you can buy cheaper in the late fall rather than waiting until spring. Potential sellers are more anxious to get rid of bikes etc since they can't use them over the winter. Bad news is you have to look at the bike sitting in the storage area and not be able to use it unless you are one of those hearty souls that enjoys winter riding.

Welcome to the board.

yes, I found this slightly used blue 08 WR250X with only 400km (~250miles) on odometer, it's like brand new, I really want to pull the trigger :)
Back to top Go down
bruno

bruno

Hello from Poland Empty
PostSubject: Go for it   Hello from Poland EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:45 pm

If the price is right - go for it!
I did and never regretted it.
You could spend all winter taking the bike apart and learning about it from this forum. Practice changing tires etc. Buying hand guards, skid plates and other goodies...
Back to top Go down
bmwrider1946

Hello from Poland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Poland   Hello from Poland EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Riding a quad is like wrestling an alligator - riding the WRR is like dancing with a ballerina. But even if you dance with a ballerina on big rocks or in the mud your gonna fall sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Poland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Poland   Hello from Poland Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Poland
Page 1 of 1