Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Need some advice on chain link count

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Will B

Need some advice on chain link count Empty
PostSubject: Need some advice on chain link count   Need some advice on chain link count EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi all, I am going to install a 47 tooth rear sprocket with the stock 13 tooth front sprocket and Dunlop 606 is the tire I am running. Anyway I bought a 120 link chain, I have read 112 link but have also heard 114 link as well, what would everyone think is the best?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
RattTongue

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on chain link count   Need some advice on chain link count EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:17 am

There is a sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum that lists all the known implemented sprocket/chain combinations.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on chain link count   Need some advice on chain link count EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:35 am

Put rear axle where YOU want it.
Thread chain up and mark where YOU want to cut it.

Cut it.

Count links.

Post what you end up with.

Simple.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: One chain length for 2 wheels/sprockets?   Need some advice on chain link count EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:26 am

motokid wrote:
Put rear axle where YOU want it.
Thread chain up and mark where YOU want to cut it.

Cut it.
This will get interesting when I get a set of Wheeling dirt wheels/tires for my X.

I like the stock gearing with the 17" X tires, but the R's 18" wheel and tall tire gears it up a lot.
So I'm hoping to run a bigger rear sprocket for the tall dirt wheel, but keep the same front sprocket for both rear wheels use. That means the axle will be forward for dirt, back for street. And I have to think about chain elongation with wear.

So I guess use the least # of links possible with the dirt wheel as far forward as possible?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on chain link count   Need some advice on chain link count Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some advice on chain link count
Page 1 of 1