Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini

Go down 
+7
flatboarder
PQRS...
ZED
INSTIGATOR
SheWolf
mtb
mwakey
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mwakey

mwakey

The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini Empty
PostSubject: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 7:36 pm

First pics of my new Marchesini wheels and new Conti Road Attack tires. I got a super (and I mean super) deal on them from a guy on SMJ. I just couldn't pass them up. Brand new Marchesini wheels, including new tires and new brake discs. Plus he threw in a new 44 tooth Vortex aluminum sprocket. I plan to sell the 44T sprocket since I want to go with a smaller one. I'll post the sprocket in the For Sale section if anyone is interested. I already have my stock wheels and rotors sold (maybe).

I haven't been for a ride yet, since it's been raining here for like three weeks now. I just finished installing them last night. I hope to get them scuffed in this weekend. So what do ya think?...

The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini NewMarchesiniWheels2

The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini NewMarchesiniWheels6

The real pisser was I just installed new wheels and tires on my truck last week. The day after I installed them I found the deal on the bike wheels. So much for that credit card! It got maxed in two days. At least nobody can accuse me of not helping the economy....

The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini BikeTruck_AllNewWheels1
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Mark I hate you! GAHHHH GAHHHH GAHHHH GAHHHH GAHHHH GAHHHH GAHHHH GAHHHH GAHHHH GAHHHH GAHHHH GAHHHH

But it looks SUPERB! thumb

Going to the track now... catch you guys later beavis
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Sorry Gary, old buddy. It just goes to show you the amount of money I am willing to spend just to piss you off. Very happy I don't do that for just anyone ya know! wink

Have fun at the track. At least you have a track. Nothing like that around here. And with all the rain the last few weeks I am beginning to wonder if I will ever ride again. I bet you sent all this rain over here from Singapore didn't you? Suspect
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 9:27 pm

Sonofabitch Mark...that is one drop dead gorgeous bike! thumb Nice truck too. Good to see another GM fan. Mine's almost vintage now. wink Why does it look like that back wheel is bigger??

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 9:34 pm

I hate you
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 9:36 pm

droooool Sweet wheels!!! thumb

Yeah, I'd say we're doing our part for the economy around here. Very happy
Back to top Go down
PQRS...

PQRS...

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:03 pm

totally hate you..... budah

The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini 1211611886068
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey mwakey, do you still have the other wheels around? How about a weight comparison with numbers?
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:51 am

Thanks for all the love guys. Didn't mean to piss you all off so bad.... well maybe a little! I just couldn't pass up the deal. deal

I didn't think about doing a weight comparison. I just weighed the stock wheels with tires on my highly scientific bathroom scale. The stock rear tire and wheel (minus rotor and sprocket) weighs 23 pounds. The front wheel and tire (with rotor) weighs 20 pounds. I'm guessing the Marchesinis are both heavier than stock. They're both a half inch wider than the stock rims and have more rubber mounted to them. I will try to remember to weigh them when I take them back off. I need to get them balanced. I just stuck them on the bike to check the fit and to take a few pics.
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 10:50 am

Looks phantastic. Wouldn't use it for races, but definitely awesome looking. eeek

Should be tubeless, aren't they? Very nice.
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 10:51 am

I'd hit it. droooool
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Selling the stockers? wink
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:29 pm

flatboarder wrote:
Looks phantastic. Wouldn't use it for races, but definitely awesome looking. eeek

Should be tubeless, aren't they? Very nice.

Tubeless = yes. One of the many reasons I bought them.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:34 pm

Krabill wrote:
Selling the stockers? wink

Yes, but I have them sorta promised to a guy on TT for the time being. He has first dibs, but nothing is a done deal yet. I'll let you know if he doesn't want them.
Back to top Go down
Notsolegit

Notsolegit

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 1:04 am

Trick setup mate, love it.
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:49 am

NICE...man i am digging them.
Just wondering how much the guy off TT is going to give you for your rims? Just to know what used ones go for so if/when i want to pick some up for my R.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:32 am

Have you got a chance to ride it yet?

I wonder if they do make any significant differences scratch
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:17 am

Well it's still been raining here every day since I got the new wheels. There were a few breaks in the clouds where I got out for a few short rides, but I am still scuffing in the new tires, so it's hard to say how it rides yet. I've just been riding slow and checking everything out. New rotors need broke in too. Retorqued everything last night and all is well. I think I'll finally get to ride it to work later this week as the rain is suposed to let up in the next few days. That will be a good long ride and should let me know how they feel at speed.

The old wheels are shipping out today to Jaynen on TT. I'm selling them for $600 (plus shipping) with the stock tires and rotors. Pretty good deal. I felt that since I got a good deal on the new ones, I should pass along a good deal on the old ones. Jaynen has a R² and wanted a set of supermoto wheels to swap out.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:13 am

You should drag his butt over here. wink

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:37 pm

Kinda figured he would have found us here by now. Most others from TT have "converted". I'm going to be talking to him tonight so I'll tell him what you said.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:28 pm

Jay's a good guy. He's contributed a lot of intelligent discussions towards our beloved little rebels. I'll give him a nice welcome... wink

PostSubject: Re: The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini   The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini Empty

Back to top Go down

The Blue Meanie rolls with Marchesini
Page 1 of 1