Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Thoughts on AMA Silly Season

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
millert85

Thoughts on AMA Silly Season Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on AMA Silly Season   Thoughts on AMA Silly Season EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Well i'm sitting here at work bored and just got my magazine subscription. Lots of moves for next years AMA SX/MX Season. known about some for ages, but what are peoples thoughts.

Dungey to KTM - A brave move for Dungey i think, exactly what KTM need. a very mature rider working with a manager he knows. I think it could bring them big things.

Short to Honda - I dont know much about Short, but from what i\ve heard he was alot better back when he was on a honda. Seemed to not be able to make the changes to get the KTM working consistantly. Seems a nice guy, best of luck to him.

Stewart to JGR - Now i didnt know all the back story til recently, but from the start of the '11 season i've said he doesnt look happy and isnt enjoying riding. Now i've heard all the financial stuff and team infighting and it makes sense. i thought maybe he should take a year off and "find himself" again. I think this JGR move could be just the thing to restart him. Could be a good thing for Davi Millsaps too, having such a fast rider to push and help setup wise.

Some big local moves too, with Chris Hollis going to Motorex KTM Offroad and talk of 4 in a row Aussie Champ Jay Marmont looking for other challenges away from Craig Dack Racing.

Looking forward to a good year of racing.

Thoughts/Comments?
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on AMA Silly Season   Thoughts on AMA Silly Season EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Yeah I am really looking forward to 2012 SX/MX season

Dungey - his SX season last year just seemed so blahhh .. good, consistent, passive .. and then you see him ride MX and its like damn .. the guy can ride. Maybe MX is more is natural style. In any case, I guessing the need to prove his KTM move to be good pushes him to be more agressive this coming SX season.

Stewart - just looking forward to seeing this guy ride .. hopefully fewer crashes this year

Metcalfe - Metcalfe is the lead man now .. hopefully he will have a great season

RV - a threat .. thats all I can say

Lets see who steps up this year .. Im assuming Barcia will be on his 450 but not sure .. he could be a real threat .. crazy talented kid on a really fast bike

getting close to January!!

Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on AMA Silly Season   Thoughts on AMA Silly Season EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:58 pm

I keep this thing real simple. Will John Dowd earn enough points to keep his number one more year ?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Definitely Super Silly   Thoughts on AMA Silly Season EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:11 pm

It should be interesting to see what, if anything, anybody has for RV.

JS isn't going to get away with any crap at JGR; Frankly I don't expect the relationship to last long.

Shorty was very confident on the Honda. Although consistent, I wouldn't expect him to do better than top five and rarely on the podium.

RV on the KTM: Well... All I can say is we'll see. I would expect we'll him on the podium most every race. He's back with Roger so that's been a confidence builder in the past.

Canard broke his collarbone last week, so there's a bad start for him.

CR should be a contender and perhaps the only REAL challenge to the podium contenders.

Unfortunately my man Justin Barcia won't be on a 450 since he is one of the only Red Rider's chance to contend with PC Kawasaki's ongoing rein on Lites championships. ...but when he does it's going to get MORE exciting fast.

Both Joshs' (Hill and Grant) are certainly in the game. They could be podium wreckers on any day.

The guy I REALLY wanted to see on a 450 was Christian Craig. With wins and building confidence he'd be elbow-to-elbow with the current SX establishment throughout the season.

Mr. Alessi is going to tempt fate (again). We should see him in the front row seats sooner or later.

...and then there's Kevin Windham whom if the season is as silly as the silly season could put the season of his life together, and I'd love to see it. No one deserves it more.

Pourcel, Brayton, Metcalfe, Hansen will undoubtedly add their share of entertainment to the mix. My guess: All will be consistently in the top ten - If not better.

You can see what others think about the silliness here:

http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/12/07/silly-season-countdown-to-anaheim

P.S. Dowdies number is for outdoors.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on AMA Silly Season   Thoughts on AMA Silly Season Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on AMA Silly Season
Page 1 of 1