Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

High Mileage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Corycy

High Mileage Empty
PostSubject: High Mileage   High Mileage EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:06 pm

Hello everyone! I have been reading this forum for almost a year now and saving up for a wrr in that time as well.
I was wondering what most of you guy consider high mileage for the wr. What mileage do guys have aready?
I know some of you have close to 30k so far. How many more miles do you think this thing can take?100k maybe?

I know a lot factors in to when a bike could take it last sip of gas, but when do you start think your bike has high mileage?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

High Mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Mileage   High Mileage EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:03 pm

i have over 30k on mine, just been beating the thing and it's fine! mostly dirt riding, i change the oil and air filter alot and i think it will go and go. it will go alot further then we think. these engines are good.
Back to top Go down
Corycy

High Mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Mileage   High Mileage EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Awesome, that's what I was hoping to hear! Just wondering if anyone has had enough time to really pack on the miles. I will be using the wr to commute to work and school during the week and traveling to mtb races on the weekends, so 20k a year is easily do able in my case.
Back to top Go down
playwme

High Mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Mileage   High Mileage EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:29 am

I see no reason why this motor couldn't do well over 100,000 with the right maintenance and care.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

High Mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Mileage   High Mileage EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Prolly need a top end around 50k and a bottom end at 100k.
Back to top Go down
skierd

High Mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Mileage   High Mileage EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:02 am

With the way the economy and my job situation are looking, I'll probably be keeping the damn bike for a while so I'll let you know how long it takes to wear the motor out lol. I'm just below 30k at 29,8xx and the bike runs as good as new if not better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

High Mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Mileage   High Mileage Empty

Back to top Go down

High Mileage
Page 1 of 1