Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

lkng to buy in afghanistan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
raylwallace

lkng to buy in afghanistan Empty
PostSubject: lkng to buy in afghanistan   lkng to buy in afghanistan EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:36 pm

hello,
im new here looking on some good info on wrr. im in afghanistan in the us army and i have 6 months till im back and im from ohio. so i have plenty of time to look for a great deal. the purpose of my purchase will be to supplement my fuel cost and weekend warrier i drive a diesel truck. when i get back ill be going to school wich consists of a 25 min highway drive. the quistions i have are...
-how good is this thing on the highway?
-top safe cruise speed?
-top cruise speed with someone on teh back?
-im a midget im only 5-5 so i already know im gonna need to lower the bike but i hear people complaining that are 6 foot tall.. this scares me. i havent ridden since i was 16 and im 23 now. back then i had a 88 yz250 i believe i gave 500 dollars for and i had to start off leaning against a tree but at 16 i could pick it up but i was only probly 5-3 then.
-if i purchase this im probly gonna do the bigbore kit right away... what do i need to know?

hey any help and conversation to keep a soldier bored would be very welcome

CPL Wallace
Back to top Go down
ArmyJoe

lkng to buy in afghanistan Empty
PostSubject: Re: lkng to buy in afghanistan   lkng to buy in afghanistan EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:47 pm

As a fellow Soldier, I'm glad you're not going to be "that guy" and get a sport bike when you get back.

Q: How good is this thing on the highway?
A: It'll work for a 25 mile commute. I've run mine in the 70-80 MPH range, so keeping up with traffic is not a problem. The bike is light, so cross winds and truck blasts are issues, but not enough to be real concerned about.

Q: Top safe cruise speed?
A: What's your definition of "safe?" With no mods and wide open throttle, I've seen 85 on the speedo.

Q: im a midget im only 5-5 so i already know im gonna need to lower the bike but i hear people complaining that are 6 foot tall.. this scares me
A: I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam. I did the factory lowring option and installed a Yamalink. That gets it down to the balls of my feet. You can see before and after pictures here: http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17082710&postcount=25099
Back to top Go down

lkng to buy in afghanistan
Page 1 of 1