Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fisher seat review anyone ?

Go down 
+2
ktm950se
Jdcooper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jdcooper

Fisher seat review anyone ? Empty
PostSubject: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:22 pm

Anybody own one? Can you give me a short review ? The seat appears to be like the Seat Concepts design. Fisher lists their max width as 10 inches, while SC's doesn't specify a dimension. From the photo, it also seems that Fisher uses the stock seat cover and adds-on side material to allow for the extra width (in my eye I like the multicolor layout better than the all black ). I also read the Seat Concept's material is slippery-er than the stock seat. It looks like they're similarly priced, too. Decisions, decisions.......

The bottom line for ANY seat is comfort; so is there any one who can steepen my learning curve ? Thanks !

Linky to Fisher seats pix : http://fishersaddlebags.com/seats.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Here is the seat that Dave Fisher built for me. I love it. The original cover is used and you can see inserts used for the sides. In my case, he added material to the front of the seat to fill in the gap caused by going to an IMS 3.1 gallon gas tank.
Fisher seat review anyone ? Imgp1710
Fisher seat review anyone ? Imgp1810e_preview.php?i=33&u=15861960]Fisher seat review anyone ? Imgp1711[/url]
Back to top Go down
Jdcooper

PostSubject: Re: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Is it comfortable ? How wide is it ? Can you ride it all day long ?
Thanx for the pix !

Coop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:31 am

It measures 10 1/4 " at the widest point. Way better support than stock. I used to want to get off and strech after 40 minutes and now ride several hours at a time. I really like it.
Back to top Go down
Jdcooper

PostSubject: Re: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:50 am

Thanks for the info. I'm deciding between the Fisher and a Rick Mayer seat. Both appear to be about the same width. The Mayer has a waffle-weave top material which I'm afraid would trap mud and water in the off-road regime. I'm more in favor of a smooth top material which I can clean with a rag.

Have a nice Thanksgiving !
Back to top Go down
ktm950se

PostSubject: Re: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:35 pm

These seats look great!
Here's a pic of one Fisher modded for a Husaberg, as shown in this post,
LINK

Fisher seat review anyone ? 2011-07-1009-40-43310-XL

ktm950se
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:33 pm

That looks great! For the price you can't get a better deal. Looks more comfortable than the Seat Concepts.
Back to top Go down
Jdcooper

PostSubject: Re: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:52 pm

I agree they look super. Especially on the 'berg. I decided to go with a Mayers despite the extra cost. My principal rationale is that it is wider, and my experience w the 2 Russell seats I ride is that wider is better. My riding is probably 70/30 road/dirt, so I'm hoping a street oriented seat will be the right choice. Maybe I just have a fat ass.......

Aftermarket seats are always a shot in the dark. If you see the Mayer in the classified section next summer, you'll know how it worked out. My guess is that I'll like it.
Back to top Go down
wallycycle

wallycycle

PostSubject: Fisher Seat is Wonderful   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Have been riding my WRR with a Seat Concepts for 7 years. Good seat and a huge improvement over OEM,  but I wanted/needed more. Had Nate Fisher make a custom seat to my specs: higher, wider and fix the slope to the tank and recover with a new cover. Had it delivered a day before my 5 day Death Valley ride. Did over 1100 miles (close to 500 off road) and I can without reservation say it is the best aftermarket seat I have ever had; road or dirt. Added 1/1/2" in height, 10" wide. The seat is so comfortable, that on the sections of trails that were not technical, I could sit. That really saved a lot of energy on the long day rides. And the 10" width did not interfere at all with standing on the pegs or the transition up / down, because at the front, it's as about as narrow as the OEM. Seat went on a bike with the IMS tank.

I have had 4 BMS seats, Corbin, Sargent, Renazco and a few local. It ended up costing about twice what the Seat Concepts cost, but well worth the extra $160, not only because it is way more comfortable, but it is made to your exact specs/needs.
Back to top Go down
darngood1

darngood1

PostSubject: Re: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptyThu May 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Wallycycle:  I'm grateful for your recent review on the Fisher seat.  I've been pondering which seat between Seargant, Seat Concepts, and Fisher to go with.  All have good reviews, but never found a comparison.

So I looked into the Fisher seat, and found that they are located about 5 miles from my house!  He told me to ride the bike over, and he will actually measure my seating position, account for my riding style, etc for a fully customized shape, firmness, and cover material.

I don't mind paying a little extra for high quality and high value, so I'm definitely going to go visit Fisher.  Only hold up is I don't want to leave my seat and be without my bike in this perfect weather- will wait until it's 100 degrees out in July.  Looks like they fabricate their own light-weight rack systems and bags for WR's too.  Hmmmmm...  

I'll revive the thread with a photo of the seat and 1st impressions when I get it done.

good
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptyThu May 12, 2016 3:38 pm

darngood1 wrote:

So I looked into the Fisher seat, and found that they are located about 5 miles from my house!  He told me to ride the bike over, and he will actually measure my seating position, account for my riding style, etc for a fully customized shape, firmness, and cover material.

Thanks for this. I think I'll have them look at my Beta 300 Xtrainer seat. The rock-hard stock Xtrainer seat makes my WRR stock seat feel like a plush sofa in comparison!
Back to top Go down
darngood1

darngood1

PostSubject: Re: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Well, I finally did it.  I admitted that my ass if fat, and my WR stock seat is skinny.  I was out of my league, so I had Fisher in Idaho redo my seat up for me.  I've only had one ride on the new seat so far, but wow, what a difference width and upgraded foam makes.  They made it wide where I am in sitting position but kept it skinny in the front for standing.  What else can I say?  It looks great, feels even better, and it's customized to my specs vs a one-size-fits all approach.  I'd check them out for sure.  They will do about whatever material or color you want, and they consult with you about seating position, riding style, foam densities, etc.  Their website is http://fishersaddlebags.com/

10/2017 Update: Well, I'm now 7 months in with the Fisher seat.  Conclusion?  I plum forgot what it's like to be unfortable on my WRR seat- IT'S THAT GOOD.  bert  

Fisher seat review anyone ? A1sTCBA

Fisher seat review anyone ? B37W0I8

Fisher seat review anyone ? J6NfHai

Last edited by darngood1 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 8:40 pm

That's a nice looking seat! If I need a custom for the new bike, I may check them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fisher seat review anyone ?   Fisher seat review anyone ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fisher seat review anyone ?
Page 1 of 1