Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Chains and Sprockets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Casper911

PostSubject: Re: Chains and Sprockets   Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:55 pm

So stock gearing is 13/43 (3.31).

Just ordered a 14/51 (3.64) combo for my new to me Wr250r.

Ordered a 120 link Oring chain too.

I mainly ride trails but am wondering if I find I want to go to like a 14/48 (3.43) cause say i find road riding is unbearable with 14/51 or something and then if I ride more aggressive trails i could switch to a 13 tooth front which would make it (3.69) how do I calculate if this can all be run with the same links in the chain?

And can I run this with the counter shaft cover on or will it not fit with teh 14 tooth on?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Chains and Sprockets   Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:17 pm

If you choose a length of chain where the adjusters are near the middle, you will have no problem fitting -1 tooth front sprocket.

I do it all the time.

I have a sandman casesaver and cover, theres some slight rubbing with a 14 tooth, but no problem. Dont know about the stock one.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Chains and Sprockets   Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:20 pm

I just did 13/47 with a 112 link chain. I'm guessing 112 will fit the 14/51 combo... On mine the rear tire sits a little less than 3/4s of the way back in the adjuster. You could use gearing commander as a reference. They break everything down nicely. Top speed for every gear. That site will let you know if your gearin will cause unnecessary wear too. Like me throwin a 12t on the front with a stock 108 link chain is technically bad cause the same front teeth hits the same chain link every time... This is easy enough to figure out on your own too. Say if you do 112 with the 14 front you will have the same issue. 112/14=8. So when the front sprocket goes around eight times the chain has gone around once and is back on the same tooth same link as it started. Don't know how much longer you can run a system that's phased properly but they say it matters. The only other advice n this maybe wrong, but is my understanding of how it works... You should change how you tighten the chain. Doin it by the book it should be able to pushed to around 5/8" away from the swingarm. If you make both diameters that the chain goes around bigger this technically should get bigger too. If you were measuring the slack movement from top to bottom I don't think it would change but your supposed to measure to the swingarm... Theres a chard here that makes sense of this. http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t2022-chain-adjustment
Back to top Go down
wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Chains and Sprockets   Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:04 pm

dicklane625 wrote:
I just did 13/47 with a 112 link chain. I'm guessing 112 will fit the 14/51 combo...

I run 13/51 with 112 links and it's at the far end of adjustment range.  Not sure I could get this to work with a 14 tooth countersprocket, especially since I run a riveted master link which requires a little wiggle room to get the chain on or off of the rear sprocket.

Back to top Go down
xzatx

PostSubject: Re: Chains and Sprockets   Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:06 pm

looking to get a 12T sprocket with my standard 43 rear

what is the different between countershaft sprocket, and standard?

Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Chains and Sprockets   Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:23 pm

1 tooth. Stock is 13.
1 out of 13 is roughly 8%.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chains and Sprockets   

Back to top Go down

Chains and Sprockets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11