Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
cryptomundo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cryptomundo

Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) Empty
PostSubject: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:47 am

Do these look like the correct tire sizes for my R?

Avon AM43 Distanzia Dual-Sport Front Tire - Front 80/90S-21
Avon AM44 Distanzia Rear Tire - 120/80S-18

Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:25 am

The rear size matches up with stock but the front I have an option of 80/90 or 90/90 and I think I will go with the 80/90.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:02 pm

I went the other way with the front on mine. It's not a Distanzia but close enuf. It rides nice with the 90/90. Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) 163123

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:16 pm

I see .. you did that on purpose, now I have to think about this some more
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:17 pm

I think 90/90 means more rubber on the road .. which can only be a good thing ..
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Stock Rim is 1.60 and the MIN/MAX for the Distanzia 90/90 is 1.85 - 2.50

I have D606 on there now which is a 90/90 but the recommended rim size is 1.60

Im thinking I should go with the 80/90 Distanzia
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:33 pm

ordered the tires from Motorcycle Superstore and arrived today. will be putting them on next week and trying em out. paid $84 for the front and $117 for the rear.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:01 pm

installed the new tires today and had a heck of a time getting them beaded on both sides evenly .. i thought they would be easy

what do you all think about tire pressure for these tires on an R? i was thinking to start out with 26F - 28R or maybe 28F - 30R .. im not carrying much weight, just myself which is around 150lbs

since it gets dark around 4:30 now i did not have time to get the wheels back on the bike .. maybe in the next few days i will be able to get the bike on the road and try out the new tires

Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 4:39 pm

I have several hundred miles on these tires now and really liken them on the road .. I have not taken them on the trail yet. I am planning to get a second set of wheels for a more agressive offroad tire. For now just hitten the pavement and the bike is running great!
Back to top Go down
R1-Dave

R1-Dave

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 10:40 pm

So are they much stickier on road than the stock tires ? I found the stock TW's to be crap off road but awesome on the street. Post pics !
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:48 am

R1-Dave wrote:
So are they much stickier on road than the stock tires ? I found the stock TW's to be crap off road but awesome on the street. Post pics !

I did not spend much time on the stock tires, I had replaced them with 606's soon after I got my bike. Im currently saving up to get a second set of wheels to use for offroad tires. The distanzias feel great on the road, the bike just glides along and feels very smooth on the turns. I dont know how sticky they are because I am not very aggressive on the road. However I feel much more confident on the road with these tires. The bike feels lighter too, which is what I wanted for both on and off road, and a more extreme on or off road tire rather than a single dual sport tire.

Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) Img_0041
Back to top Go down
R1-Dave

R1-Dave

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:38 am

Nice. They actually look pretty cool. I just ordered mine today. I ride really hard on the road so I hope these help !
Back to top Go down
abchel

abchel

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:46 am

I have been running the 110/80/18 on my second set of wheels for the street and after 10k miles just replaced a totally worn out rear tire and the front has a little life left. 606 or any kind of knobby I could only get about 1000 miles out of the rear tire. I went with the 110's because Avon specs said for the R rim it was right size, but I almost got the 120 for the extra meat. When my front distanzia wears out, I plan on buying 90/90/21
Back to top Go down
abchel

abchel

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) Wheel
Back to top Go down
R1-Dave

R1-Dave

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:18 am

Got mine mounted-up. So far I like them. Great road tire for sure. I've been pushing the bike just as hard but still have room to lean. Did some gravel drifting too.
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm thinking about getting a set of Distanzias for my R.

Are you guys still happy with the tires for the street and what sizes would you buy if you had to do it all over again?

Thanks

Alex
Back to top Go down
abchel

abchel

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:37 am

Still running the tires on the street, I actually just put on the new front tire. For some reason I also have a hard time getting the tire on evenly.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:56 am

love the tires .. in regards to beading evenly, i think the type of tube might make a difference (I've had problems if its too thin/light)
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 pm

Thanks. I find my self on the street alot more than the dirt. I would get a set of x wheels if i could afford it. These tires look like they will work well for me.
Back to top Go down
R1-Dave

R1-Dave

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Mine have lots of really hard street use and still have plenty of life left. I just took them off for the Winter and installed some D606's. The GF just got a TTR125L so I'll be hitting the dirt for a few months.

Anyway, love the Distanzias for 90% road use. Awesome tire with almost unlimited grip.
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Lol, I'm taking off my d606's to put on the Diztanzias.
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:26 pm

i swapped out my dirt wheels for the 17's with new Distanzias (120/150) this weekend (Sumo compound).
I'm really impressed with how well these tires do in the dirt, albeit winter in the desert gravel and hardpack.
Very happy about this.

Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) Sumo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)   Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation) Empty

Back to top Go down

Distanzia's for the R (size confirmation)
Page 1 of 1