Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?

Go down 
+3
kingsquid
cryptomundo
X-Racer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
X-Racer

X-Racer

2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Let's do it ! Lites is like a whole new series ! * chuckle *

I'm in 132nd place in fantasy MX ! Whooo hooo !

Got em right where I want em ! * LOL *

RobRoy 132 (Position) 310 (SX) 208(Lites) 518 (Total)

Class: SX-450 Round 7 - Arlington, TX

1. 22- CR
2. 01- RV
3. 05- RD
4. 07- JS
5. 14- KW
6. 21- JW
7. 18- DM
8. 24- BM
9. 29- AS
10. 10- JB

]Class: SX-250 East

1 12 - Bagget
2 17 - Barcia
3 49 - Bogle
4 60 - Lemoine
5 70 - Roczen
6 956- Wharton
7 19- Cunningham
8 37- Stewart
9 57- Canada
10 67 - Boni
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:47 am

i did not get my picks in on time!! wow dallas was crazy .. great racing .. hope CR is ok
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:49 am

x, your picks looked great .. if CR would not have crashed you might have had top three and picked up some points! .. im surprised u picked bagget over barcia
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Yea... Chad's fall was bad. I haven't read the news, but that could be a season ender. He was really on RV and I think he may have made a pass. Maybe.

...but I agree, pretty crazy racing. Nice to see Malcolm Stewart went to his brother's "land on your buddy" class. Pffffttttt... Idiot.

Bam Bam is my boy, but I really do like both Baggett and Wharton. I'm surprised neither didn't do better. ...and what about the rookie Bogle ? Pretty impressive ride there.

Still plenty of season left.

I have no idea how they score the fantasy points. Maybe add your would be points up and then subtract the actuals ? ~ shrug ~ Whatever... * laugh *
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Yeah, it was some good racing. Not a huge Chad Reed fan but I wanted him to beat RV. Hope he's not too hurt.

Kind of a stupid way for JS to fall from 5th to 19th (and finally back to 6th) in a heartbeat.

The Lite's had some good racing too.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:12 am

So much for that hope:

Chad Reed - Broken Tibia and Fibula, Two Broken Ribs, Broken T6 Vertebrae and a Torn ACL
Comment: The injuries that Reed sustained in Dallas have forced him to withdraw from the remainder of the 2012 Monster Energy AMA Supercross series. Reed’s goal is to be ready for the outdoor series, although that objective will be reassessed following surgery.

I'm thinking I'll ride the couch for a season on two. Maybe start a Aussie Pirate-like "Chad's World" special.

SX Top five... Villopota, Stewart, Dungy, Brayton and Windam

Lites: Roczen, Barcia, Bogle, Canada, Lemoine

I only lost one position in the overall fantasy MX. I'm in the top 50 in SX.

Live on Speed ! 7:30 EST.
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:29 pm

Whoa there boy. If SX has taught us anything lately is that just when you think you have it figured out, all hell breaks loose.

I predict RV will have an off night. Remember last year when he failed to even qualify for that nights main? Or maybe Stewart will take him out in and he'll get hurt. Speaking of Stewart, he could awaken from his slumber and string together some wins. And lets not forget the other guy who has won this year, Dungey. He always seems to be right there to pick up the slack if RV falters.

The season ain't over yet, that's all I'm sayin'. lurk
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:16 pm

* looks around * You talkin to me ? dunno

If so, Whoooaaa what ? Maybe I confused you.

I was just making claim to THIS WEEKs winners not a prognostication of the season.

They could all die in a fiery inferno in the first turn for all I know. Rolling Eyes

On the race... RV is arguably THE most consistent rider in the field and I don't predict this race to be any different.

...but I agree with you on one point. If we see RV and JS elbow-to-elbow, someone is likely to go down-and-out. If either go elbow-to-elbow with Dungey historically he's backed down.

So the question is: Will he (Dungey) continue to back down or take up a fight with either RV or JS ?

The only other wildcard in the equation (IMO) is Brayton. Can he get out front far enough to where a RV/JS/RD menagerie of three slow each other down enough to allow him to actually stay out front ? Maybe...

There was also talk about someone (can't remember who) taking Canard's mount. Put a young gun fast lites rider on a 450 who wants to make a name for himself and that could be another wildcard.

It's all a guess.. Agreed, anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:18 pm

thats cole seely riden canards bike and your theory is right, seely might be able to cause some trouble .. CR should get tomac on his bike and try to shake things up a bit

dungey some times talks the talk about wanting to be more aggressive in sx but like you say x he backs down .. HOWEver last week he showed some signs of maybe actually being a bit more aggressive .. and that is the ONLY way RD is going to beat RV .. in any case i hope he beats up on weimer some more tonight haha .. get weimers girlfriend all kinds of upset .. she wears the pants in that house .. he probably gets grounded for a bad race

im so lost on how to make my pics poser2 the track this week looks fast .. sand section looks a bit long but you hit that thing straight on so i dont think it will too much of a problem .. other than that looks like some great passing and i think who ever gets a good start and does a good job and staying in front will win .. which could be anyone really .. i will tell you one rider who will not take 1st place tonight is Metcalfe .. as much as i want the kid to win he just cant stay up front in sx
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:48 pm

So maybe Weimer's GF will cut him off to boost his testosterone for this week... cheers

Seely... That's right. However I'd rather see Tomac on that bike.

However I don't think Geico Honda would accept that risk when they're looking at putting a (temporary) stop to the Pro Circuit team's domination.

I better go get my work done so I can get to the gate on time. Ha !
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:10 pm

i would like to see Alessi and Weimer trade bikes and see if Weimer still able to get a good start .. Alessi is working hard for what he gets, that Suzuki he is riding seems like its a lot of work .. looks like he is on a weight loss program riding that bike .. that KX450 Weimer is riding basically rides itself .. right now I think that KX is the best machine on the track and Weimer is lucky is on that thing .. all the work Alessi is doing on that Suzuki, put him on that Kawi and Alessi might just go home looking the same way he left for work lol
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:11 pm

oh .. my main reason for my previous post was to say I MISSED the lockout AGAIN! no picks entered damn!
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:31 am

kingsquid wrote:
I predict RV will have an off night. And lets not forget the other guy who has won this year, Dungey. He always seems to be right there to pick up the slack if RV falters.

wings
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:21 pm

great racing last night!! nice win for RD .. a couple more laps with RV on his back and i dont know .. i think i was holding my breath watching RD hold his lead position for the win .. nice ride for him

RV making lots of errors under pressure .. these guys should be focusing on starts big time and try to get RV behind them early in the race .. that Kawi has tons of power and so their starts need to be %200 or RV is gone

that would have been cool to see all three, RD, RV, and JS with more laps to battle it out ..

sucks for Roczen .. that might have been a win for him if he did not have the start problem
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:23 pm

kingsquid wrote:
kingsquid wrote:
I predict RV will have an off night. And lets not forget the other guy who has won this year, Dungey. He always seems to be right there to pick up the slack if RV falters.

wings

thumb
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Well I don't know if RV was necessarily "Off".

Get a bad start on a slippery track (Face it there were places and at times where everyone had troubles) and THEN have to get past the talent the had to go by ? ....which he did in amazing "quick strike" fashion. ...and then get to the front, fight through backmarkers and yes, two more laps and you'd be hard to bet that Dungey wouldn't have been had.

Twenty laps with 50 second lap times doesn't provide much opportunity. I'm not necessarily an RV fan, but wow... That was pretty impressive in my book. He was really lucky he didn't have to try to get past JS ( which I would have liked to seen - They haven't had to mix it up. Yet wink ).

...and what about Seely ! Whoooaaaa ! Now THAT was impressive !
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:19 pm

awsome track last week in st. louis .. barcia is untouchable .. looks like dungey's crew is getting that KTM dialed in just in time

this weeks track at Daytona looks cRazy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxd0XIyth9c&feature=player_embedded JS is gonna get hurt poser2 i think Dungey will do great on this track .. i heard it might rain too lurk
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:20 pm

X-Racer wrote:
...and what about Seely ! Whoooaaaa ! Now THAT was impressive !

yeah even his crashes are impressive poser2 crazy crash last week .. glad he did not go over with the bike
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:05 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!! For F sakes .. Dungey out of Daytona with broken collarbone .. just give RV the trophy now
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:33 pm

So dang... Forgot to load my pics for last week and I was on business travel (Grrrr) so I guess there's no reason to do the fantasy MX thang any more.

I'm kinda bummed CR is out. I'd really like to see a battle royale at the season's end.

I'm thinking RV, unless fate deals him a blow, can pull this off pretty easily now.

Bam Bam is kickin A... I'd really like to see him win the E/W shootout with all Hondas on the podium ! ...just tired of Pro Circuit Kawi's.

Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:23 pm

What's up with the Stewart brothers? When they're upright, they are super fast. Is it time for James to switch to a Honda or something? He can't seem to keep the Yamaha on 2 wheels!!!
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Midnite171 wrote:
Is it time for James to switch to a Honda or something?

I saw a rumor somewhere of him using Chad Reed's bike/team for the outdoors. LOL! I just can't see that. Remember the incident him and Reed had on 125's at Unadilla many years ago? Stewart passed him then let Reed catch up just to dice with and pass him again.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:56 pm

What a sloppy race over this past weekend...makes you appreciate what these guys are doing. I have riden in mud, its tiring and gernerally NOT fun. Especially if you are trying to race. They can still hit 70ft jumps even though the rut leading up to it is 2ft deep!! crazy bastards.

As for JS, I think he just has to step it down a notch and be more concerned with consistencey then so much speed. He can fly, but to unpredictable. Would love to see Dungey take it all.

Cant wait for the Seattle SX as I will be in the stands screaming!!
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Yeah those were great races. Guess JS just needs to get the holeshot and then he's long gone. Milsapps seems to be doing pretty good in the past couple races. Seems like the Joe Gibbs team has those Yamaha's dialed in pretty good. I like Dungy but I think he's out for a couple if not a few weeks. Glad RV wasn't on the podium (for a change) and it was great to see Windham up there. Nice dirty race!!! Wish it would come up here in Massachusetts.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:30 am

What is the prediction for this week?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next