Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I'm leaving the fold.......

Go down 
+3
gatorfan
motokid
Farmer17
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer17

Farmer17

I'm leaving the fold....... Empty
PostSubject: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm leaving the fold....... 01141210

...no thats not my vehicle its loaded on, its someone elses... hide sold the WR today, hate to see her go, but i got a killer deal from my uncle on an awesomely farkled XR650L that i just couldnt resist! loved every minute of this bike, im gonna miss it a little, except when i go to pass someone Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:06 pm

worthless

Let's see the honda dude.....

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Alright i'll get some pics today and show you what i couldnt pass up! Very happy
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Farmer17 wrote:
Alright i'll get some pics today and show you what i couldnt pass up! Very happy

cheers cheers

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Don't get it but congrats and good luck.
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:33 pm

Not the choice that I would have made but the WR is not for everyone. Hope that you enjoy the XR650L.
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Here she is! deal (the headlight surround is off due to trying to find an electrical fault...although its most likely the coil) I'm leaving the fold....... IMG_9524
I'm leaving the fold....... IMG_9521
I'm leaving the fold....... IMG_9519
I'm leaving the fold....... IMG_9517

dont get me wrong i loved the wr, i just need something with a little more road capability....that i can cruise 60-65 all day and still have some throttle left for passing if need be....and general hooliganism Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Looks heavy ... wink wink
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:20 pm

gatorfan wrote:
Looks heavy ... wink wink
yeah haha, but i can live with that for the extra power it has, we rode in the UP last fall with a couple of XR's and we all did pretty good in the sand, although i wont lie, the WR was able to walk away from them in some of the sand... wink the way i look at it is, their all dualsport bikes, their not gonna be good at everything. dual sporting is all about sacrifice.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:42 am

Funny, I sold my XRL and got the WRR. I've not regretted that decision 1 time. They're good bikes but definitely a handful in the dirt.

Here's mine.
I'm leaving the fold....... Xr_hal10
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:51 pm

trav72 wrote:
Funny, I sold my XRL and got the WRR. I've not regretted that decision 1 time. They're good bikes but definitely a handful in the dirt.

Here's mine.
I'm leaving the fold....... Xr_hal10
that is set up nice wink do you have a fork brace on the front? also how did you like the fmf?
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Farmer17 wrote:

that is set up nice wink do you have a fork brace on the front? also how did you like the fmf?

Yeah I had a fork brace. It made the front end a little better. But those forks flex like crazy and the it handled like crap. I think one of the best mods you can do to the XRL is swap on a USD front end. It makes a huge difference. The FMF exhaust was nice. It opened it up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:30 pm

trav72 wrote:
Farmer17 wrote:

Yeah I had a fork brace. It made the front end a little better. But those forks flex like crazy and the it handled like crap. I think one of the best mods you can do to the XRL is swap on a USD front end. It makes a huge difference. The FMF exhaust was nice. It opened it up a bit.

that sounds pricey and involved....its not exactly an easy swap right? i read that the speedo doesnt work after that right?
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:47 pm

You'll be back.

I traded a guy my '08 WR with 12,000 on it for a DR650.

I had the DR650 for a month / 3,000 miles or so before getting rid of it. Too big, too heavy, too "crappy" by comparison to the WR. I imagine the XR may be the same way. You'll be amazed how "old tech" it feels, and suspension and brakes are going to be sorely lacking by comparison.

I'm now back on another '08 WR, found this one used with 15,000 miles on it and got a good price. Feels right. At least my mileage is consistent with what my first '08 would have been had I kept it instead of trading it...
Back to top Go down
pkbinder

PostSubject: Your old Yammie   I'm leaving the fold....... EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:39 am

That sure is a nice looking 4Runner you old bike is on! Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving the fold.......   I'm leaving the fold....... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm leaving the fold.......
Page 1 of 1